Chapter Seven

Both of their hearts were shattered.

After a while, they grew silent. They both stared at their textbooks, unable to speak. Felix got the courage to finally speak.

"Um... I-I wanted to thank you for earlier. No one's ever been that kind to me before. I... I'm sorry that you had to see me cry like that. I could've handled it myself but.... Thank you." Felix let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Fe, it's okay. You don't hve to apologize. He shouldn't have treated you like that. I get you could've handled it, but you needed a friend. I just happened to be there at the right time. You don't need to thank me, I was only being a decent human being. I don't treat people that way."

Ryan looked up at Felix to see his reaction. He just sat there, unable to move or think. "I have an idea. Why don't I go grab some goldfish and get this party started?" Ryan nudged his side and stood, heading towards the kitchen.

By the time he had gotten back, Felix had closed his textbooks and put away his notebook. Ryan placed a bowl of goldfish and a large glass of iced tea on the table in front of them. Felix looked up at him as if he recognized him, but Ryan knew better.

"Thanks." he pauses as Ryan takes a seat next to him.

"Why are guys so stupid? I mean, they think they could always treat me like shit. Why? They only like me for my looks. They try to get in my pants, than leave as soon as I refuse. They never have any respect for me. I've called them crying before, from my parents getting a divorce and they just hang up and pretend it never happened. I mean seriously. What the hell is wrong with me?" Felix leaned on Ryan's shoulder, defeated. "I'm sorry," he whispered as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Sweets, don't cry please. No guy should make you cry, unless it's pure joy and happiness. Not all guys are assholes like that idiot you called a boyfriend. There are guys out there who want to be there for you, who want to cuddle, who want to be the smile on your face, who want to do everything you love doing. There's guys who want to act like they're five years old with you, who want to cook for you when you're sick, who want to protect you with everything they have. You just have to find the right one. And sometimes, they're closer than you think."

Felix looked at Ryan as if he were crazy.

"Well, all the guys I've been with just wanted me for my body. I have yet to meet a guy who is genuinely sweet. I have yet to meet someone who hasn't thought about getting in my pants. They all looked at me like I was an easy target. Sorry, but so far, I have no faith in finding 'the perfect one.'" He slid down to the opposite end of the couch.

Ryan sat there, staring at his hands, wondering whether or not to say something.

"Look, I get it. Guys only want you, not you, but not all of them do. Some may say they do to look and act 'cool'. If you get them alone than they could be completely different people. So what I'm saying is, don't give up. You will find that one guy who is perfect for you. Right now you need a friend, and that's what I'm here for."

Ryan kept staring at his hands, unable to look at Felix without spilling his true feelings.

"Look, I got to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow." Felix gets up and walks toward the door.

"Thank you." he said, closing the door gently behind him.

Ryan silently sat on his couch, pondering what had just happened.

--------------

A/N Her part :]