Chapter 5

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. My ringtone Sparks Fly was playing loudly making it difficult for me to avoid it. Finally, I sat up reaching for the phone on my side table.

Who the hell is calling me? Today is Saturday I can sleep for the whole day no school. The phone stopped ringing before I could answer it.

Thank God! I buried my head in my pillow trying to sleep again. My phone started ringing again. I picked it up and it was Noah.

What the hell? It’s eight in the morning. He is disturbing my beauty sleep.

“This better be important.” I said angrily as soon as I answered without even saying a hello. I hate being disturbed specially in the morning.

“Hi. Wow! You are in a good mood.” He said sarcastically.  

I frowned. “What do you want? It’s eight in the morning, on a Saturday. I want to sleep.” I said honestly making him laugh again.

“You are grumpy in the morning. Not a morning person huh?” he asked with an amusing tone as if he expected me to be a morning person.

“Please, just say what you have to and let me go back to sleep.” I said pleading him to understand.

“Ok. Can you come over today?” he asked.  Why? I don’t want to go anywhere. On weekends I like spending my time reading and just being by myself.

“Why? What’s the occasion? I asked.

“Next Friday I have a basketball game. So, we won’t be able to do our assignment after school. If you come today, we could cover-up the work for Friday.” He said.

 I should go otherwise we will not be able to submit the assignment on time. Some grades depend on it. On the plus side, I get to see Noah again which would be nice. I smiled. I quickly realized I was still holding the phone.

“Ok I guess. We do need to complete the assignment by the end of the month.” I said easily trying to control my excitement. I get to spend time with him again today. Looks like I am in luck.

“Great! Will see you in an hour or so? He asked sounding hopeful.

“Yes ok. See you.” I said. I was so excited I could burst. I was looking forward to this. Yesterday I had so much fun. He was so sweet and caring last night.

“Ok, don’t go back to sleep.” He said warningly before he hung up.

 I was excited but a little nervous too. Why did he make me so nervous? I should get up and start getting ready. I don’t want to be late. I walked into my en-suite bathroom, brushed my teeth and showered, washing my hair.

 I wrapped a towel around myself and walked to my closet. I just stood there staring at my clothes. I really need to go shopping. What should I wear? After a long time of staring, I slipped on some boy shorts and plain white tube top. I wore a checkered shirt over it and rolled the sleeves up to my elbows.

 I applied some clear gloss and took one last look in the mirror. I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs in a hurry. I practically skipped to my car and started driving.

After driving for a few minutes, I reached Noah’s house. I parked my car and walked towards the door. I took few calming deep breaths and then knocked on his door. My heart was beating fast.

“Hey. I knew it was you. Come inside.” He said smiling and taking hold of my hand and pulling me inside. His every single touch sent tingles and sparks throughout my body. He led me straight towards his bedroom still holding my hand.

I sat on the bed while he was gathering the things we needed. “Sorry I disturbed you in the morning.” He said looking at me apologetically.

I smiled. “It’s ok. Sorry I was rude to you in the morning. I like to sleep in on weekends.” I said honestly.