Chapter 18

After a long and dramatic day the school was finally over. Thank God, if I had to spend one minute more I would have died of boredom. I packed all of my stuff and headed towards the car. What am I going to say to Noah when he comes over tonight? I started the car and tuned into the radio to keep my mind off Noah for at least a few minutes. I reached home and opened the front door. The house was silent like usual.

I still can’t believe my parents noticed something was wrong with me. They are amazing parents but they spend most of their time at work so that came as a little surprise. I glanced at the clock on the wall; Noah will be here in an hour. I have got to figure something out, I told him I would. Oh God, please help me. If he really likes Cassie and is happy with her, I guess I got to let him go. It’s going to be harder than I think.

I just want him to be happy even if it’s with Cassie. I know it is going to be painful and difficult to let him go but I would die for that boy this is nothing. I just want him happy even if it hurts me. It’s like people say, when you love someone let them go. I am not going to try and hold on to him, it will be selfish to tie him down like that. I went to the kitchen and made myself a hot cup of coffee and sat on the couch waiting for Noah.

Ok, I will ask him first about his feelings for Cassie and get to know how strong they are. Then, if he really likes her I will tell him to agree. If he doesn’t feel much for her then, I don’t think there is going to be any problem. I just hope that he goes for the second option but a part of me knew that he won’t. He will not be ready but I can convince him if that’s what it takes. In the past few days, we have become distant and it is entirely my fault.

There was a knock on the door and got up immediately running to the door. I stopped and took a couple of deep breaths to calm myself. I opened the door and there stood Noah looking breathtaking as ever. He always manages to have an effect on me whether it is due to his looks or his words. He smiled and stepped forward pulling me into a tight hug. He hugged me tightly and lifted me off my feet.

I was clinging to him for dear life. He picked me up like I weigh nothing. I loved being this close to him, our bodies fitted perfectly together. I am so stupid, I just never give up but there is nothing wrong in having hope. He set me down on my feet and pulled away. He was looking into my eyes longingly like trying to figure something out then brushed a loose strand of hair from my forehead.

I had already ordered a pizza for us tonight; I didn’t want to cook today. We both settled ourselves on the couch and just stared at each other. I was waiting for Noah to say something and he was waiting for me. Ok, I will say something before he does maybe it will be easy.

“I need to say something.” We both said at the same time. That was weird like he was reading my mind. We both looked at each other and chuckled.

“You go first.” Noah said his smile slowly fading away. Please don’t this I can’t talk to him when he looks at me like this sad and slightly confused.

“Um...what are we going to do?” I asked. I hope things don’t get weird between us from now on. This has never happened before, we always have something to say to each other but right now none of us have any idea.

Noah sighed. “What do you mean?” He asked looking at his feet. This means he is as nervous as I am so I don’t need to worry.

“About Cassie. She clearly hates me and she is your girlfriend. You need to do something.” I said making myself more comfortable on the couch.

Noah didn’t answer for a long time and I just sat there looking at him. There was a knock on the door. Oh it must be our pizza. I got up and grabbed my purse heading to the door. I paid the delivery guy and set the pizza box on the coffee table. I went to the kitchen and removed two plates and water bottles.