Chapter 22

The class passed incredibly slowly, it felt like I have been sitting there for months. Noah kept looking at me and I pretended to have not seen him. Thankfully, the teacher dismissed the class and didn’t even give us any homework. Noah got up and left quickly without even looking behind once.  I picked up my books and headed towards my locker to keep these books back. I didn’t want to talk to Noah but I was feeling sad that he gave up on me so soon.

He didn’t try to say anything to me. I know I was avoiding him but did he really care so less about it. Did it really mean nothing to him? I stuffed my books in the locker and slammed the door hard making a loud noise turning few heads towards me. I just rolled my eyes and turned around before someone grabbed my arm and dragged me to the nearest classroom.

I didn’t get scared because it was Noah. The similar tingling sensation was flowing through my arm, spreading all over my body. I tried to free myself off his hold but he held me even tighter until I stop struggling. Noah is stronger than me there is no way I will be able to just walk away. I don’t want to face him, I can’t.

“Please don’t do this.” Noah said begging me with his eyes to stop struggling. He looked sad and hurt. Shouldn’t I be the one sad and hurt?

“Noah, just let me go.” I said looking at my feet. The way he was looking at me, was crumbling my will to stay away from him.

He placed a finger under my chin making me look at him. “I am sorry. Whatever happened last night was my fault. I just couldn’t...” He said trailing off.

He just couldn’t what? I just waited patiently for him to complete the sentence but he didn’t. “Ok, now can I go?” I asked trying to sound angry.

I just couldn’t stay mad at this boy. I just felt the unnecessary need to make him happy all the time which honestly scared me. I am actually scared how much I love him but he doesn’t even know. I know whatever he does I will always take him back because I need him. Noah looked into my eyes with such intensity that I felt my knees going weak.

Noah’s Pov

“I need you in my life. I can’t lose you. I know what I did I can’t take it back and honestly I don’t want to but I can’t ruin what we have for a thrill. I am so sorry. Please don’t walk away from me.” I said.

I can’t believe I said all this. She is going to think I am crazy but it’s true. I have kissed many girls before but it never felt the way it did when I kissed Rebecca. I don’t know why she is the most important person in my life. I will be lost without her, I want her, and I need her. Please Rebecca just say something, don’t go away from me. She didn’t say anything, just stood on the spot looking at me.

“Have I hurt you?” I asked softly cupping her face in my hands. She looked sad, disappointed and hurt. It was me who hurt her, I wish I could make her pain go away but I have no idea what to do.

She looked into my eyes and trapped me in her brown eyes. “No, off course not. Don’t be silly.” She said. I looked at her intently for any signs of lie but she was being honest. I breathed a sigh of relief and hugged her tightly.

I don’t ever want to let her go. I am so whipped. I will never understand why I need her so much. I never worried or even cared about someone before her. Its likes my whole world revolves around her, she keeps me sane. I just want to make her happy as long as I can. Someday she won’t need me; she will have a boyfriend or a husband.