Witness {Eyeless Jack X Reader} Chapter 3

Your breath hitched as your body froze. Please just be the wind, or maybe a tree branch, you silently pleaded to yourself over and over again. Slowly you looked over to the window, praying there would only be silence.

But you heard it again, that knock. This time twice. If it was the wind it sure sounded impatient. Sliding your laptop off your lap, you closed it and let it rest on the bed as you swung your feet to the ground. The plus carpet warmed your cold feet as you slowly went over to the window, being as quiet as possible.

This was stupid wasn't it? But if you didn't check you'd be sitting here with fear and paranoia for hours into the night, you'd never be able to sleep. You could only hope what you found would put you at ease as you reached out with shaky hands to gently tug at the curtain blocking your view of the world.

A quick gasp escaped your lips and you fell backwards. Staring straight at you through the glass were those empty black holes, dripping with god only knows what. Curling up in the floor, you wrapped your arms around you body as you shook. No... No no no why was he hear? Did you mess up? Was he going to kill you? Was that promise a lie? Were you going to die? Tears started to slid down your cheeks and you closed your eyes as you heard the sound of the window opening.

Of course, you never locked it. It always left your mind, you'd lock the doors but never the window, even when you were paranoid all day. Stupid idiot. It was dead silent save for the quiet thump of him entering your room, followed by complete quiet. The lack of anything happening only made you more scared as you tried to hold onto yourself tighter from your spot on the floor.

Your whole body jolted when you felt a touch, only to relax after a moment when you realized it wasn't painful. Still shaking and terrified, you sniffled while assessing the situation. His hand was gently resting on top of your head, and then he lifted it and brought it back down lightly. He was... petting you? Patting you?

Confusion mixed into your fear as your eyes opened to look up at him. He'd crouched down in front of you, it was the only he could reach you given you were sitting on the carpet. Again you had no idea what he was thinking or feeling, it was all hidden behind that emotionless mask.

"You did good." His quiet low voice broke the silence and gained your undivided attention. One wrong move and you could be killed. "... You scare so easily. You'll make a fun toy." That slight hint of amusement filled his tone again while your features scrunched slightly in confusion.

What exactly did he mean by that? Was he going to scare and torture you? Was he going to- "Girl, stand." His words pulled you from your panicked thoughts. You stared as he removed his hand from your head and stood up to take a few steps back, giving you room to climb to your feet.

The process was slow since your body was shaking and nearly fell over once you stood. If you'd been in front of anyone but a serial killer you would have felt embarrassed about being so jittery and klutzy. Thankfully he didn't seem annoyed with how long it took, or maybe he was but he didn't say anything so you felt it was fine. Unable to see his face you could only cast judgement based on his voice.

"... [N-Name]..." You whispered, looking down to stare at your feet, immediately regretting what you said.

"Hm?" If he could he would have blinked his eyes as it was his turn to be confused by your words, a surprise.

"[Name]." You repeated, knowing it was too late to fix your stupid mistake. "That's m-my name..." Why had you told him that? It would have been fine for him not to know it, make it harder to find you maybe. Yet something in your mind told you to introduce yourself properly, a foolish move. Were you hoping to get on his good side? Maybe, but that seemed unlikely and difficult with how scared you were by his presence alone.

"[Name]..." He drew out your name, getting used to the idea of saying it. He rarely learned his victims names but then again, you weren't his victim yet you were a toy. Not as if that gave him reason to need your name but he supposed he could use it, especially once he saw your reaction. The second he'd said the word you shuddered making him smirk under his mask a bit. So easily you got scared or uncomfortable, it'd get boring quickly but for now it would be fun.

It only dawned on him a few moments after that you were waiting for a response. Could it be you wanted to know his name? It made sense, you needed something to call him and it was normal for humans to exchange names. "Do you wish to know my name?" The question sounded almost teasing despite being a real question.

You paused before nodding slowly. Even still you didn't know what you were doing, trying to be so casual with him. You didn't need to know the name of the nightmare plaguing your life now but in the end you were somewhat curious and would need to refer to him with a name. When speaking to him and if you ever went to the police for help.

"Hm..." He paused before giving an answer, one that surprised you. "Jack. That's my name." Was he mocking you by repeating your word choice? No that didn't matter. You blinked and had to stifle a sound of surprise. TV had showed you so many killers with weird complex names and now you'd finally met one and his name was just, Jack? You mentally smacked yourself for getting distracted with a stupid thought. He was a serial killer who cared what his name was, or how boring it was, or how it was kind of cute.

If not for Jack's presence you would have screamed at yourself out loud for you thoughts, all scrambled and strange. Fear and tiredness had clouded your thought process apparently. Though he didn't seem to notice anything since he'd turned to looking around your somewhat small room.

"You don't share this room with anyone do you?" You shook your head but unable to help thinking that might be obvious. "Where is your family?" He wasn't even looking at you anymore, he was looking at a framed picture on your dresser. One of you with your family. That explained the question.

"A-All..." You paused to take a short breath to calm yourself. "All their rooms are upstairs... Nobody is awake but me... M-My dad isn't home yet." When you finished your short report you breathed a sigh of relief, he'd nodded in acceptance.

"If I returned at this time on another night nobody would know, correct?" He was looking at you again, staring straight at you with his well lack of eyes. He planned on coming back? He wasn't going to just leave you alone? Part of you expected this but it still shook you to hear. This wasn't the last you'd be seeing of jack.

Your throat went dry and you could only nod in response. Surely he'd kill you next time right? You were so entranced in your thoughts you hardly noticed the soft chuckle that came from.

"That's all then, [Name]. I have work to do, organs to extract." He held in a laugh as you cringed from that comment and the mental imaged it gave you. "I'll see you again soon though. Remember to keep our little secret."

You couldn't tell if time slowed down or sped up, all you know is after what felt like hours of silence your room was empty and you collapsed to the ground again. He was sick, sick and twisted and horrible. He was disgusting and awful. A killer who took people's organs and was now tormenting you for cruel fun.

Hot tears spilled down your face. You were scared, terrified, but you were also angry. Why did this have to happen to you? This wasn't fair. It was your fault for taking that road but still. You hated this, you wanted it to end but it'd barely started.

Curling up on your soft carpet, which gave you the only comfort you could get right now, you silently sobbed into your hands while trying desperately to keep the gruesome images out of your mind. At this point you only knew one thing for sure.

You weren't sleeping tonight.