Witness {Eyeless Jack x reader} Chapter 4

Your previous statement had been mostly true. You'd lied there in fear and shock for several hours, it had felt like all night. At some point you got to sleep however, exhaustion overtaking you for a moment then refusing to let go.

Your eyes fluttered open and you rolled over, reaching your hand out to grab your alarm clock to see the time. Instead you felt soft carpeting and pain. Your body ached from sleeping so uncomfortably on the ground. You somewhat regretted that.

Sitting up, you stretched your arms behind your head and looked around with bleary eyes. Maybe it was the fact that you were still out of it from waking up but you suddenly felt a small glimmer of hope. There was no proof last night really happened, maybe you got out of bed and tripped and hallucinated. Maybe this whole thing was some fantasy in your mind!

You couldn't help but smile at the thought as you stood up. Sure it may have made you a bit crazy to imagine something like this but it was better than it being real right? You were about to jump headfirst back into life when you noticed something odd. A green line was peaking out from behind your not fully closed curtain. It seemed innocent enough, maybe just a leaf from outside that flew in because you never closed that thing.

Carefully you walked over and pulled the curtain aside, a chill going down your spine at the awful sense of deja vu. Instead of a masked killer waiting for you, there was a flower. Sitting on the windowsill with the green stem that caught your eye was a blue rose. Were blue roses natural? You'd never seen one, only red, pink and yellow, but now wasn't really the time to question the realisticness of this gift. There was a more important detail after all. The black liquid that covered the top of the rose and dripped down.

It made you sick. You knew exactly what it was and who it was from. You weren't sure when or why this was here but you know he left it. Jack. You hadn't told anyone else so you knew nobody could be messing with you. If it had been from anyone else, this gesture might have been sweet but today it unnerved you. So much for hoping this was all fake.

It was hard to muster the energy to go out of the room and pretend everything was okay. You should tell someone, your mom the police anyone, but you couldn't. You didn't know how to explain the events or your actions, you knew you'd be in trouble for lying to the police most likely. Even worse he would definitely find out and be mad. You didn't really want to piss off someone you saw remove another person's organs. The memory made you shudder, nearly dropping the plate you'd been carrying to the sink.

Your mom gave you a weird look as she cleaned up her own breakfast. You just shrugged it off and headed back to the living room. You were too scared to go back to your own room. Maybe you could just stay here forever and fall asleep watching TV so your parents didn't suspect anything. Jack wouldn't search the rest of the house for you would he? The thought worried you, if your family saw him would he kill them? He hadn't killed you but you didn't really understand why.

You did your best to distract yourself for the next few hours by watching mindless TV, anything to make you not think of that guy. At some point in your channel flipping you ended up on the news and paused for some reason. it just caught your attention.

"This morning we found another body in the lake, cause of death is unknown but all signs point to the Drowned Killer as he's been named by police." The reporter spoke while against the backdrop of the crime scene.

The name sounded familiar, like one of the ones you'd heard floating around the police station the other day. They really did have quite a few killers on their hands. Part of you wondered why they assumed they were male but remembering that the only one you'd met was male you felt it might be fitting.

"If the killers follow the pattern they have gone by for the past few weeks tonight we should be seeing an attack from Smile Man. Please lock all doors and windows as well as turning on any security systems you may have. Entire families are at risk here please be careful."

That didn't make you feel any better. Another crazed killer was set to strike tonight. What kind of a name was Smile Man anyway? The police gave such weird nicknames to criminals who didn't provide their own. You wondered what they called Jack, just for a moment. Neither of the two you heard made sense for him and you were in too much of a daze at the station to fully recall much else that you heard. You vaguely remember hearing something about The Hatchet, but that didn't seem to fit either.

You cursed yourself for thinking about all this again. For some reason though, thinking about it like this had you feeling less sick. At the moment you'd been thinking about them all like characters in a show, something you could be interested in without being scared. Of course that was foolish but hey it's better than sitting here shaking in fear. Though you are close to that.

After changing away from the news report, you went back to random shows and stayed that way for sometime. You'd woken up around nine AM and before you knew it almost twelve hours had passed in the day. Time was moving oddly fast and as it got closer to night time you felt more and more sick. You planned to keep staying out here but your dad came home from work early. He took over the TV easily, deciding you'd watched enough when his question of how long you'd been watching received an answer of "Uhh...".

Awkwardly you sat on the couch next to him, not finding any entertainment in what he chose to watch at the moment. Hesitantly you glanced at the clock, almost nine PM. Last night it'd been around eleven when you got your visitor, you assumed tonight would be the same. Maybe if you laid down now you could force yourself into falling asleep. He'd just leave if you were asleep right? You could only hope.

Without a word to your dad you darted to your room. You were hardly tired after doing nothing all day but you threw yourself into bed. You closed your eyes and wished over and over again to fall asleep. Maybe this time you could wake up and everything really was a dream.

At some point your praying did work. You only know because when you heard a sound in your room you were pulled from light sleep. You hadn't heard the window this time, only the door and then footsteps. This was new and different and scared you more than the previous entrance would have. It was hard to pretend you were asleep but you held your breath.

A sudden sharp poke to your cheek almost made you jump. Was that... a knife? It hadn't hurt much, only a prick, but it was enough to scare you into opening your eyes.

"Oh you are awake, well sorry girly but it's time for you to go back? to sleep..." He seemed to hesitate, as if something in his words bothered him. In that moment you took in what you saw. A boy, probably not far from your age, was leaning over you with a knife. He reeked of iron, likely from the splatters of red on his white jacket. Or maybe the bleeding slit smile on his otherwise white face, which contrasted with his dark hair. Immediately you knew this was the 'Smile Man' the reporter mentioned and he was here to kill you and your family.

He soon recovered from whatever had bothered him and you were pulled from your distracted state. You couldn't tell his expression well, since his face bore a permanent smile, but the laugh that came from him explained all. He lifted the blade high up and your eyes snapped shut. You didn't want to watch.

Life was to cruel, letting you survive one killer only to be taken out by another. Well perhaps this was your fate either way, Jack was sure to kill you soon so this was just a sooner fate.

Your grip on your blanket became iron tight as tears of fear slipped down your cheeks. Your voice was caught in your throat, preventing you from pleading for your life or screaming for help. All you could hear was your heart pounding and his laughter, you didn't even notice the sound of footsteps.

"Good night!" Just as the words left the Smile Man's mouth you flinched, expecting to feel a sharp pain any second now. Instead of you felt nothing, and could see nothing as you were still too terrified to open your eyes. The only helpful sense was your hearing and what you heard was your almost killer yelling...?

"What the hell are you doing?!"