Chapter 1 - Past

Harry Styles P.O.V

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened at the instructions thrown at me. I can't believe the words that had just escaped their mouths. Why would they say that?!

We need more publicity.

Your girlfriend is too low-profile.

Breakup with Ariana Grande.

But why? How will that even help. I just can't stand the idea of breaking up with her. I love Ariana, she keeps me grounded. I've known her my whole life!

"You wanna know why? Hope. To give hope for all of the girls out there who fancy you", One of the people who work at Modest! Management piped up but my blood only boils at her explanation.

"But I love-."

"Loved."

"No. I love Ariana-."

"We can easily replace you if you don't."

Simon was determined on his decision as he continued to rudely intervene on my every dispute.

"Now that's just too far!" Liam declared and I nodded.

Thats not a choice for you to make, break up with Ari, or be kicked out of One Direction", Alex (the head of Modest! Management) threatens.

"Sir, appointment 108 is waiting out in the lobby", Simon's manager barged into the room to inform him.

" Go on Harold, there are plenty more other fishes in the sea." He budges and I roll my eyes attempting to fight back being on the verge of tears.

The lads and I sauntered down into the lobby. I sported a beanie on my head and hung it quite low.

The paparazzi were once again impatiently waiting outside and endeavouring to snap pictures through the windows. Ariana approached me, with the biggest beam on her face.

"Babe our dreams came trueee." She sings whole-heartedly with the hint of concern almost. Oh how much I'm going to miss her incredible voice.

She wears her beautiful smile, showing of her adorable deep dimples. "I'm finally pr-." "Wait, lets go out in the back", I suggested, intertwining our fingers as I hauled her by the hand.

I recalled that the management had instructed me to guide her to the park at the back and break up with her there, probably so that the papz get a better view or something.

As soon as we arrived at the fountain in the middle, I rotated around in my heel to face her. "You first." We command in unison. She giggles her cute, unforgettable laugh and insists me to announce whatever it was first.

"I-I-I um am breaking up with y-ou", I managed to choke out and her expression changes in a blink of an eye. I averted my gaze away from her beautiful face but broken expression, I can't see her like this.

"Oh... You're joking right? Please tell me you are." She asks in an optimistic way.

"I-It's just time to end t-things." Her eyes softened, glistening with tears and her lips were trembling in fear.

"No I-it c-cant be over." She begs and I oscillated my head indicating my negative response. "B-b-but no I'm just its..." She stutters at lost for words.

I revolved around and began to stroll away, making sure to linger as I witnessed the flashes. "Its not over!" She tried to convince herself, but I can't do anything about it.

We had to be done.

---------A/N----------

Thank you for reading! Please give this story a chance <33