To the Moon and Back

Apologies my lovelies, this took longer than I imagined and is far longer than I thought it would end up. I hope you enjoy the epilogue of sorts to Other Worldly. If you want another chapter with our darling aliens, please vote on them and I will give you a third chapter of wonderful alien sexy cuteness...

The space cruiser came into port on auto pilot, the only Predantus long range ship that had ever been seen on that side of the galaxy. A large group of officials waited on the landing pad soon after it touched down. One man in particular was positively humming with excitement. It seemed to him like the shut down cycles were taking forever, and the person he was expecting inside the ship probably felt the same.

"General McStone, are the preparations for our new Ambassador complete?" The Commander demanded again. Juhn tried not to roll his eyes at the same question he had been asked all morning.

"Yes, Commander. Everything is ready." He replied yet again, keeping his tone even and respectful. He watched the door latches release on the ship with slight trepidation. He knew that a treaty with the bugs was not only necessary, but beneficial. That did not mean he wasn't baffled when he heard that the Commander's son had not only been rescued by them, but decided to marry one. Grossed him the hell out just thinking about it.

"Father!" All eyes were on the couple as they finally disembarked from the ship. The changes were just incredible. You could tell it was him, Rhian Lexthen, but the changes wrought in the months he had been missing were huge. First off, he had effing scales and claws! As he got closer, we saw his eyes had gone funny too. He still smiled and went in for a big hug with his father, who teared a little and swung him around in his arms like he had been missing for years and hadn't changed a bit.

"Gracious, look at you. You're all fierce and married. Couldn't you wait until you got home to get hitched? You know I always wanted to be there for that." He held his son out at arms length and complained.

"Sorry father, it was sort of an emergency. I will explain it all later. We can always have a party to celebrate though, right? Here, let me introduce you to my mate, er husband? This is Syn Lexthen. In their culture the person with higher rank passes their name to the other so he will be taking our last name." His father beamed at the news and moved forward to shake hands with the bug.

"A pleassure to meet you, Ssir." The bug said, carefully shaking his hand and nodding to each of the officials that bowed a greeting.

"Pleasure to meet you as well, Ambassador Syn. I am very grateful that you have taken such good care of my boy, Rhian." The Commander smiled.

"I am very grateful that I wass able to be of sservice." Ambassador Syn replied. He snaked one scaly arm about Rhian's waist and they exchanged a look that was obviously intimate.

"General, please secure his ship and have their things taken to their quarters." The commander ordered over his shoulder before escorting the two inside the station.

"Yes sir." Juhn muttered before waving his men forward and making his way to the alien ship. He was mildly annoyed at being demoted to errand boy, at the same time as being pleased at the singular faith the Commander had in him that he trusted him with his son's personal things.

"Thomas, I'll have you and your men take the son's containers to their quarters, mind you watch the markings though. If I find out you dropped the electronics I will have you court marshalled. Jakkent, I need you to get the materials with the commander's markings on them over to intelligence. I don't think I need to tell you what will happen if any of those go missing." He said darkly to the men following him. It took a second to pull the levers for the cargo bays and drop the ramps.