Unforgettable

Forever Younger Part 3 (warning~mentions of part 2)
A/N This just in... I sometimes have inspiration on old one-shots and do another part or another person's perspective. This is dear ol' Leon's brother-in-law after the shock:

I knew I shouldn't do anything about it. In fact, I tried to make a point of ignoring it, or putting it out of my mind. I couldn't force my brain to listen though, not in the dark of night when my subconscious took over. Each time I closed my eyes to sleep, I saw it. Like a movie playing over and over. Taunting me. I could feel my body trying to resist what it did to me.

Then I would startle awake like I was in a horror film and see the truth. My subconscious wasn't resisting. I was hard as a rock. Shamefully, pitifully hard. I sometimes hated them for making me see what I wanted. Sometimes I hated myself for not turning around at the first sign of danger and leaving. I had been shocked, sure, but I was an adult and should have left.

Instead I had just covered my boy's eyes and stood there. I had stared into those blood red eyes as he had sunk his teeth into my brother-in-law. The ecstasy on both their faces during that rough sexual feeding in the bathroom had imprinted itself on the backs of my eyelids like a train wreak. It tortured me as I lived my mundane, normal existence.

Because now I knew there was more than the vanilla, pleasant sexual experience that I had in my life. I had seen it firsthand. I had heard it, raw and real, right in front of me. I could smell it in the air even as my young son did his business in the toilet. I couldn't look at my wife without seeing the disgust on her features as she spoke about her own brother with that... 'thing' as she called him.

I got it though. After seeing them like that... I really did understand. That little French friendly gave Leon something he couldn't have otherwise. It was a trade. One old man hidden in a young man's body, in exchange for the thrilling taste of life. A power exchange of the ultimate kind. What I wouldn't give for a taste of such power...

Would I sacrifice my family? Would I sacrifice 'normal' for something that was considered so forbidden? Sometimes my answer was yes and sometimes it was no. When it was yes I would research friendlies and their subculture that paralleled ours. I read about the free-cafeterias that supplied them blood so they could co-exist with us. I read about the blood bars.

We had three cafeterias here in our city, places where vampires could go to get what they needed without preying on humans. There were four bars where they could buy specialty stuff and meet up with willing friends. Yeah, there were plenty of humans who were perfectly happy to go and offer themselves for a feeding.

They were groupies usually though, and it was not looked well upon at all. Not by decent folks anyways. If you went to those it was a quick bite in an obvious place that you showed off to your groupie friends. Not something I was planning on doing anytime soon. The websites led me to something else though. I caught wind of the 'dungeons' when I checked out a chat site.

Private clubs for those who wanted to feed and be fed on in secret. Places where you went if you didn't want to show your face. Friendlies who were discrete and put their marks where they couldn't be seen. Somewhere a person like me could indulge in a passing fantasy and hopefully not get caught. That was what I got out of it anyways.

Finding those was a little harder. You had to know where to look. You had to be looking. It took me almost six months to confirm a place in our area, and another month to scope it out. It was close to the grocery store, just around the corner in fact. Open all hours from what I could tell. There were three discrete parking locations I could use.

The store, the mall a few blocks over, and the underground park around the other side of the complex. I figured I could use the mall one as the least inconspicuous. I would even tell her that I was going shopping and pick up a few things before I went over. She knew I was indecisive when it came to shopping. That was probably why it took me so long to get up the nerve for this.