Chapter 1. All for You

Chapter 1 - "All For You"

Alexander's POV:

Anger.

The feeling that can overcome a human,

and there's no stopping it.

The feeling that can make a human do

awful things....

...such as kill.

~

Well, this is it. We have been planning this from the start. The day that I waited for years to come. Years of planning and preparing. Now we finally have him. I'll make him pay, for everything. Every damage he has caused me and my friend. I will never forgive him.

I grabbed the gun and checked its bullets. A creepy smile was formed in my face. These will be the bullets going through your head.

All this thinking and I haven't noticed how sweaty I was. Was I scared? I sank on my chair and tapped rapidly on the table. I thought hard and groaned. Of course not. I can't back down! My hand slammed the table and Franco got startled.

"Hey yo, you okay?", he asked with a trembling voice.

I guess he was scared too. But we've done this before. Why the sudden feeling?

Don't be stupid Alexander. You know exactly why.

"Uh yeah." I said with my normal poker face.

I can't let Franco know that I'm scared. To nobody, to be exact. I've learned to hide what I feel by my mother. She would always make the same face and it was difficult to read her expression.

She was an asshole alright, but how I wish for her to come back. Regardless of everything that happened, she was still my mother. I hated being alone. But, sometimes being alone has its benefits. Have you ever had that feeling? Wishing to be with someone in particular but also wanting to be alone? The feeling has drove me crazy for some time now.

"You sure you wanna do this?", Franco said from the door. From the looks of it, he's ready.

"Always wanted to. But hey-..."
I stopped in mid-sentence.

"..do you wanna do this?" And there it was, my voice cracked and gave the hint that I was scared. Fuck.

Franco sighed and went up to me. I really wanted to kill this dude. But not dragging my best friend into this. Well, my only friend. This was the man that was there for me when nobody was.

"I'm doing this for you, okay? We're in this together. Like you always used to say, 'If you're dying, I'm dying with you'." He forced a smile and chuckled.

"Heh, you still remember that." I returned the smile. We don't usually smile and chat like this. But hey, tonight could be our last.

"Of course I do. So stand up and let's finish your business." He cocked his gun and gave me a smirk. I nodded and stood up from the chair.

I was already outside but stopped in my tracks. I looked back and gave one last glance at our hiding place. It wasn't organized much but damn it was peaceful. I could stay for hours with Franco here, but we can't. I sighed and closed the door.

By the time I locked the door, Franco was already waiting for me in the car. The cold breeze was disturbing and unpleasant. Wearing a T-shirt wasn't helping. Miraculously, there was a jacket in the back seat. I grabbed the jacket and stared with wide eyes realizing that this used to be one of my friend's jacket.