Chapter 3. A Useless Tool

Chapter 3 - "A Useless Tool"

Peter's POV:

I was always alone.

I never got to actually meet people around my age.

Father paid more attention to his carrer.

And mother wasn't present.

I was

alone.

But I believed.

That there was someone out there....

...that would take my hand...

...and escape with me.

Yes, I'm so worthless.

Relying on my faith.

~

Sweat was dripping from my face. The rope tied up in my hands was hurting me. The bag on my face was suddenly taken off by the blonde woman. Light hit my face and my eyes shut quickly.

"Welcome Roy." The woman said with her intimidating voice.

My body shivered as I felt a knife touched my cheek. One man chuckled and made a cut on my cheek. I whimpered and the woman rolled her eyes. "Look kid, what you just had is nothing compared with what you have done to us." She said leaning to my face. "And," she whispered.
"you and your sick group will pay for it."

My eyes were wide. I started to panic. "Someone help me!" I shouted for help as the people infront of me laughed. Well, except for one. The same man that gave me that horrifying look that had the same expression planted on his face.

A tear rolled down my cheek. I haven't done anything. This is all my father's doing. Yeah, my father. Another tear rolled down. "I-...haven't done anything to you." I said between sobs.

Gosh I'm so weak.

So unlike my father, really.

He would probably yell at me right now.

The woman furrowed her eyebrows and leaned on my face once again. I managed to glare at her. Okay, she is trying to intimidate me. She has succeded from the start. So stop it. Now it's getting annoying.

"Yes you have. You see that guy over there?" She pointed to the man with the horrifying look.

I nodded and tried my best to keep my glare at her. "Your group has made his life miserable. Your group has killed many of us. And we're just returning the favor." She ended her sentence with a smile. A smile that a psycopath would wear.

"I'm sorry okay?" That was all I could say. I know I wasn't responsible for their loss. But I was so scared that fighting back would meant me being dead. It was hopeless to fight. Here I was being the useless thing I was. I was no different than I was out there.

Something hit me. Something I haven't thought of in a long time.

"Kill me."

The woman looked at me and made a confused look. "Excuse me?"

"Just kill me." I said quickly and emphasized the second word.

Life has been pretty unfair, so let's just go with death.

Come to think of it....

...I really did wanted to die.

"Oh, of course. My pleasure." She grabbed the man's knife and raised it. I was just staring at the knife.

So this is how it's going to end huh?

End me, please.

The man with the horrifying look grabbed the woman's hand forcefully. She whimpered and snapped the hand away from him. The man was...glaring at her?

"What's your problem?! You wanted to kill him as much as I wanted to. Why back down now?!" She screamed at him. His glare was intimidating. Way more intimidating than her voice.

"Exactly. I wanted to kill him. So back off." He said now looking at me. Chills ran down my spine.

"You sound like you're protecting him." She argued but he ignored her. He untied me and backed away.

I grabbed my left hand and hold onto it. It hurt like hell. The man grabbed my hand forcefully and pulled me out of the room. Just what the hell is happening?

"Uhm...excuse me. Sir?" I asked almost choking on my words. "Hello?"

He kept looking ahead while holding my hand. "Thank y-.."

"Shut up."

What?

Just by his sudden snap tells me that he's a difficult person. I groaned and he turned back.

"What did you do?" He asked in a scary tone. I tried to back away from him but his hand gripped with more force. "P-please. Let m-me go."

He ignored my pleadings and kept holding onto my hand.

"Who are you?" His question was totally out of the blue. Who am I? You just kidnapped me and don't know who I am?!

"Peter." I answered shortly.

He rolled his eyes as if annoyed. "Who are you?" He asked once again. Seriously, what the hell does he want? Full name?

"Peter Roy." I answered once again shortly. His eyes were wide. What was even more scary was that he began to laugh.

I stood there, watching him laugh. What's so funny about this? He calmed down for a bit and sighed.

"Well Peter, I'm Alexander. You'll be staying at my house from now on. You will follow my rules. And no but's. Or I promise you that you'll be dead."

~

I woke up by the sound of traffic. It seems that Alexander managed to get me to his car. A chilly feeling was felt at my feet. He took my shoes off? I made a confused and looked up at him.  Alexander was driving and had an angry expression planted on his face. Part of me wanted to just go to sleep and ignore him. But, I couldn't. Maybe he was going through worst things than me.

But, eventually, my eyes closed and I drifted back to sleep.

~

Once again I woke up. But this time was because Alexander stopped the car bruscally. I groaned and touched my forehead. "We're here." Alexander said with a poker face. "Yeah, didn't figured." I said sarcastically and earned a glare from him.  Alexander grabbed me from from the collar of my shirt. 

"Listen up nerd.  My patience is pretty low as fuck and I won't be tolerating you and your childish stuff." With that, he let go of my shirt and I felt like crying. Oh my God I am so useless! I tried to hold back my tears but failed and started to sob. Alexander groaned and got out of the car.

So I was alone, again, with my thoughts. Being in a stranger's house was way more disturbing than having to marry an unknown woman for the sake of peace. As I was about to shut my eyes and sleep, Alexander brought up his bat and hit me in the head with it.

--------

Ohhhhhhhh. A slave?

....

͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

Vote if you want some action. Also let me know of you like the story so far. Thanks for reading! 💙

-Alondra Gabrielle