Chapter 4

"No. We can't be. He can't be our dad." Aiden whispered, shocked.

"He is." Elijah whispered back. The girls were silent.

"How do you know."

"We were born in Iowa. That's his hometown." He whispered, his voice cracking with tears. They slid down his cheeks as his brother slid over to him, hugging him tightly.

"Don't cry, baby bro. Don't cry, Please don't cry. We'll ask mom about this, okay?"

"We've missed all this time."

"We don't know what happenned, Eli. He could've done something bad to her, or the other way around. We'll ask mom, okay? she's got the answers we need."

~~~

"Mom, we need to talk."

"About what? You were up there for a awful long time?"

"Sit. This is an important discussion."

"What's wrong, guys? What's going on?"

"Mom, we found the papers."

"Papers?"

"Our birth certificates. Your divorce certificate. The custody papers. we found all of it. Now, what happened between you and our dad? Who's Colby Lopez?" Aiden asked calmly.

"How did you find out? I was gonna tell you when we were ready."

"Evidently, the time to tell is is apparently now. So, what happened."

"I'll start from the beginning. When i was born, i was born in Germany, but moved all through Europe for many years, until i found myself in Iowa at age three. I didn't know anybody, until i found Colby. He, and Nick, which was his best friend at the time. We grew up together. Never lost contact, every time one of us left for the summer, we always talked. This continued until Colby and I were in our early teenage years, we fell in love. He was my world and i was his. We dated for years, until one day, he asked me to marry him. I said yes and we got married so quickly. Only, soon after our marriage, maybe two months, we fell pregnant, with you." She looked at Aiden. "I could give you up, or end your life, and he stood by me, being so supportive, and he worked harder through my pregnancy to provide for us, whilst still saving up to train. When you were born, we were so happy. Our little family was complete. We were on cloud nine, until, we fell pregnant again, with you," She looked into Elijah's eyes, before continuing. "One child was enough, but two, he couldn't cope. He overworked himself and nearly dropped out of training to get a real job and provide for us in a different way. We didn't regret you though, Eli, you were the best thing to happen to us for a long time. When you were born, we were so happy. You completed our little family. Only, a few weeks after you were born, everything started crumbling. I worked two jobs to keep us afloat, all whilst looking after a newborn and a toddler. It was hard. It was hard on him too. And, i found out he was cheating every night and having many affairs. It broke my heart when i found out. It was so hard. I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it. I cried for days as we fought and fought and fount for months. But, one night, after we fell asleep, he packed us up, only our things and us, and put us on a plane. I woke up in the air, with my ring taken off and a letter of wanting divorce in my bag. I was so hurt. It was like it was my fault that this happened. My perfect little family was destroyed. I couldn't let it take over my life, and i didn't let it. I made the best of it, and when we reached France, i used the last of my money to get us this place and got a job, trying to provide for us, and get into college to get a better future for us. And i did. Only, a few weeks after we settled and started a new life, i got so sick. It was horrible. I couldn't take it and took us to the local doctor. He told me, that i was having you two." She looked at her identical girls. "I couldn't believe it. How was i gonna tell Colby? I couldn't. I didn't. How was i gonna have four kids and raise them by myself? I have no idea how, but i did it. In eight months, i finished two years of college work and by the time i went into labour with you two, i had my own business and it would start as soon as i got better and you four were settled. With no help, i raised you all as best as i could, with only tiny visits from family to keep us going. Your father hasn't contacted me ever since that night many years ago. I have no idea who or where he is. But, i promise you, it was in yours and mine best interests to keep you from him, t protect you. I promise i didn't intend on this happening. I just tried to give you a life i never had. Without a father present, yeah, and with only me in the world, granted, but, we didn't do too bad, did we? I promise i wanted to protect you, and that's why we live like this, that's why i work the way i work, to provide for you, and to make you see you don't need your father in your life, if he hadn't bothered with us for this long, why would he want to be involved? Now or any time in the future. I would've had your father in your life if i had it my way, but we just had to make the best of it and make the best of just having us against the world.

"I understand."

"Thank you."

"I don't think you did anything wrong. You had four kids, couldn't exactly fly us all out to Iowa into a place where there was no guarantee we'd be safe and accepted."

"Exactly."

"Do we remind you of him?"

"Who, your dad?"

"Yeah."

"Of course. He was quet and reserved as a teenager, just like Anastasia is now. Aiden, your the spitting image of him. You and Eli have his athletic side, Eli, your a architecht, a thinker, a problem solver, just like he was, Talia, your the light of the party and the facial expressions are his. You may look like me, but the expressions are all Colby."

"But, we know."

"Know?"

"We know who he is."

"You do?"

"Did you ever google his name?"

"At the start, yes. And Tyler Black. But, the same things kept popping up. Nothing new. Only things i knew, so, we stopped trying."

"We?"

"Your grandpa and I."

"But, we love wrestling mom."

"And?"

"Colby Lopez is the same of the World Heavyweight Champion. He's from Iowa. Has pictures with Marek Brave, and his name's Seth Rollins."

"And your-"

"Yeah, mom. We're gonna see him tonight. And we're gonna settle this once and for all."