Chapter 6

Back at the hotel, all thoughts everything but his children and ex wife were gone from his mind. Colby had physical comfort from his once-upon-a-time lover, granted, but it wasn't the same. He wasn't feeling guilty at being unfaithful to his newest playing, Sarah, he was feeling all the guilt of abandoning Leighla and his children all those years ago.

"What happened, baby?" Zahra Schrieber gently stroked Colby's arm. They were back in the hotel, after a round of intense sleeping together. She knew something wasn't right with him. He wasn't feeling it like he usually was.

"Nothin' babe." He shook her off, laying back against the bed and closed his eyes. She sat up and rested her hand on his perfectly chiselled pecs.

"No, what happened? You seem off."

"Nothin', 'm fine." He mumbled, slightly irritated. The thoughts of his kids and ex wife were flooding his mind and he couldn't stop it. He couldn't forget about them, no matter how hard he tried to.

"Colby. Tell me."

"When i was younger, i f*cked up, okay? I made the worst mistake of my life and i'm facing the consequences now, okay? Drop it."

~~~

"Mom, i couldn't help myself. I just let all of that anger go in front of him, and it felt good."

Leighla sighed, staring at Aiden sadly. "We have to prove that we're better people than he is, by not trying to get revenge. By moving on, with him not in our lives. That's what i learned, and you have to learn it too."

"How can you not be furious at him?! He left you, pregnant with twins, with two kids under two, all by yourself, with no family, friends, money, nothing! He abandoned you! He abandoned us! How are you not angry?!" As Aiden was the eldest of the siblings, and grew up hearing his mother cry for his father almost every single night of his childhood, he was extremely protective and possessive of his mother and siblings. He didn't understand why she wasn't angry at his dad, and showing it.

"I'm furious at him, have been ever since i woke up in that aeroplane, but anger won't solve anything. You have to be mature about this, Aiden."

"I know. I just hate him. For what he did to you, us. He ruined everything."

Leighla sighed again. "I know. I understand your angry, but you have to learn to compress it o you don't scare your sisters. Talia was so scared when you started to shout."

"I know. I'm sorry about that, but i'm not sorry about my feelings. They're justified by his actions."

"I understand. What happened in that locker room? What did he say to you?"

"That we grew, he was sorry and he knows that he hasn't been a father to us."

"That's a understatement." She mumbled.

"I know. That's when i got angry. He just didn't seem to care. He was so cocky and arrogant. God, i hate him so much. I can't believe i ever idolised him."

"Things aren't always as they seem, Aiden. Just, try to keep calm and we'll deal with this in the morning." Leighla didn't know what to say, but knew everybody needed their space and time to digest all of this.

"All right. We'll talk in the morning. What happens then?"

"We'll talk about last night and what are the next steps in resolving this whole thing."

Aiden was about to leave the small living room, but something in Leighla snapped and she realised something. She needed to tell the whole truth.

"Aiden, wait." She lunged forwards, turning him to her.

"What's up, mom?"

"When you guys were little, when you were about six years old, i was served with papers. They were no contact papers. A third party had Colby sign them. They said Colby gave up all of his parental rights, and didn't want contact with you guys or me. Now that you guys have had contact, we'll probably have to go to court, but it's probable that he's gonna try to get his rights back and fight for you guys. To take you away from me."