The woods

You step outside the loft and take in a deep breath. It's kinda nice, it feels almost normal. You look out and see  single path that leads deep into the forest. It looks like a straight shot so you're not too concerned about getting lost. You look back to the house, you can see Dark in the kitchen still.

You start to follow the path into the wood. But before you get too far you hear the flutter of wings behind you, and a hand touch your shoulder.

"You know, the forest is pretty big." Dark whispers in your ear. "If you wanna explore, maybe I could tag along?" You feel his arms wrap around your waist.

You were almost hypnotized by his voice. You leaned back into him closing your eyes. It's weird, you kinda felt happy. He was right though, maybe it would be nice to not be alone.

You turn around, Darks wings were fully extended. Your eyes were locked on them, they were enormous black feathery wings. Kinda like an angel...

Dark smiles, "Like what you see?" He extends his arms as to almost direct more attention to them, if that was even possible. You couldn't stop looking at them.

You look up to Dark as if to ask permission to touch them. Dark nods in agreement. Extending your arm, you place your hands on his large wings. They were soft, and oddly enough, warm to the touch, contrasting to how cold Darks skin is.

Dark puts his arms around you, and before you noticed you were soaring above the trees. You grabbed onto Dark, worrying about falling.

"Trust me." Dark whispered into your ear. Yeah right, let's trust a demon. That's what got you into this mess in the first place. Though, you've always wanted to fly... maybe you could just...

You peak out from Darks chest to look at the world below you. You were amazed. You could see miles of trees within the boundary of this world. Your eyes wander out the the dark abyss that bordered the property.

"You don't have to worry about that you know." You kinda ignored his comment, purely because you didn't want to think about where the hell you were. You start to pull your head out from Darks chest more to look around. Your confident Dark won't drop you at this point.

Out of the corner of your eye you notice what looked like a small house in the depths of the forest. "Hey Dark, what's that?"

"Hmm?" Dark looks down in the direction you were looking. "Oh!" Dark dives down towards the forest. He seems almost excited, your not certain though. Your still figuring this guy out.

Dark flutters softly to the ground. He lets you stand up. You look up at what looks like an old treehouse.

"This is my old treehouse, I used to play here a ton with an old friend when I was young." Dark said looking up at the aged treehouse.

You smile, it's hard to picture a demon as a child. Dark walked towards the treehouse. "Ya know, you should still be able to climb this ladder." He holds the side of the ladder, motioning you to climb. "Don't worry, i've got it."

You slowly walk to the ladder. As you climb is creeks with each step. You look back down at Dark, a little nervous. He nodded his head as if to let you know it's ok.

As you finally squeezed yourself into the treehouse through the opening in the floor, you look around. It was actually kinda cute. There were old abandoned toys, and drawings on the walls. Looking closer at the drawings, they were child drawings of two boys. Both had black hair, but one was grey. You think to yourself, that one much be Dark.

As you think this Dark pops his head through the entrance in the floor. He laughs realizing he can't exactly fit through the opening. And with that he disappeared into black smoke, and reappeared right next to you. You're not phased at this point with his abilities, part of you thought it was pretty cool actually.

"Man, it's been awhile since i've been in here." Dark whispers to himself.

You continue to look around, the cobweb infested playhouse. As you do this a box catches your eye. Leaning down, you pick up an old dusty box. It was in the corner covered in old drawing paper. "What's this?" You question as you hand the box to Dark.

Dark took the box from you and started to open it. Almost as soon as he did, he shut it again. "Oh, this..." Dark continued to look down at the box, he almost seemed a little sad? "Just a gift from an old friend."

Before you could open your mouth to question him, he started to walk towards you, box in hand. "Let's go (Y/N), I bet lunch is ready by now." And with that he scooped you up, and you both disappeared into a poof of black smoke.