Together

You woke up in a cold sweat, your throats was sore, it felt like you had been screaming. Looking over you saw that dark wasn't there. Your eyes darted around the room, your breath quickened. You started to panic.

You kept thinking about. Him. Anti. You couldn't get him out of your head. You just kept hearing his laugh over and over and over and...

You started to cry, holding your knees close to your chest. You couldn't do this. You just wanted everything to be normal again... but that was never going to happen...

You felt a hand on your back. Quickly turning your head to look, you see dark. You took a large sigh of relief, and laid your head on his hand. You still didn't understand why he was so warm. So... real?

Dark moved his other hand to your knee, leaning in close and kissing your forehead. He actually looked sad. Like he was worried. You heard him let out a small sigh.

"Come with me." He spoke softly as he stood up and began to walk out of your bedroom. After sitting motionless, you begin to slowly follow Dark.

He leads you down to the basement, you hesitate at the top of the steps. You... don't want to go down there. Your mind flashes back to when dark... when he was... angry... when he hurt you...

You close your eyes and slowly make your way down the wooden steps. They creaked with every step. You watched Dark walk to the shelf of jars... the one you bumped into before...

As you make it to the base of the stairs you cross your arms defensively, and take a breath trying to calm your nerves.

Dark turned to the shelf, "This," he paused as if to think over his works carefully. "This is how Ive been protecting you, protecting him."

You look at Dark confused, how long has he known about you? And... who's him?

"Regardless of what he's done, regardless of how he's changed, he was my friend at one point... And then you came along... I saw you... you were..." Dark trailed off.

You quietly reply "Who..."

Dark runs his hand through his hair. "Im sorry if none of this makes sense, its a lot to understand."

"I decided a long time ago that I would protect Mark, even at the times when he hasn't deserved my protection, I've provided."

"And then you came along. You were beautiful, stuck in a life that wasn't what you deserved."

Dark walked over to you, putting his hands on your shoulders. "Protecting you from afar wasn't enough, that's why I came to you on the train."

Dark looked over to the shelf, you follow his gaze. It was just as you remembered it, jars filled the shelves, containing different colors of light. Blue, Pink... your eyes trail to the missing slot... the empty spot where the green jar belonged.

"That was... Anti was in their wasn't he..." You trail off

Dark turns back to you. "I was so angry that day, I lashed out. I worked so hard to protect you, and I couldn't even protect you from myself."

"I promise I will never hurt you again. And I won't let any of them hurt you either." Darks eyes dart to the shelf.

"But... if you wish... I can take you back..."

Your eyes widen as you lock eyes with his, your mind rushes with memories of home, your life, your old life. "But.. I thought..."

"Anything that I have done in your world, can be undone, all you have to do is ask it of me."

You grow silent for a moment. Looking to the floor.

...

"No."

...

..."what?" Dark cocks his head, he grabs your shoulders once more. "Didn't you hear what I said it's not safe for you here... I"

Dark pauses

"I fucked up..."

You look Dark in the eyes once more. You don't know why, but you don't want to go. You were brought here a prisoner, but... something tells you that that's changed. You needed him, and you know he needs you.

Catching Dark by surprise you lean in swiftly to kiss him. Moving his hands out of the way, you place your hands at the base of his neck, running softly through his hair. You could feel his arms embrace you. His fingers grabbed at your shirt. And you felt... water?

You look up at Dark at tears we're streaming down his face. But he wasn't sad... though he looked broken, you could tell he was happy.

You pull Dark in and embrace him, holding him tight. And as you did, you didn't feel so afraid anymore.

"We can do this," you whisper "together."