Secrets

You wake up the next morning. Yesterday was a little odd? After the trip to the forest Dark was a little distant, whatever I found must have been personal. I actually felt a little bad, even if he is a demon.

Dark said last night that he would be gone for most of today, so you have the house to yourself. You don't want to go into the woods again without him though, so you'll have to find something to do. You go to your dresser and pick out a pair of black skinny jeans, and a white tee shirt. You leave your room, looking out over the railing. You let out a sigh. "What am I supposed to do all day." You run your hand though your hair. "What I should really be saying, is what the hell am I going to do for the rest of my life here."

You sigh again as you walk downstairs to the main living room area. As you do this you pass the door to the basement. You stop and stare at the closed door for a second. "No... come on (Y/N)" You argue with yourself. "But... maybe?" You whisper to yourself as you reach for the handle. Just your luck, it was locked. You kind of sign in relief, maybe a locked door will calm your temptation... for now.

You spend your afternoon wandering around inside. You found a room that looked very similar to what Mark's recording room setup looked like. There were games on shelves behind a large two monitor setup. You figure it wouldn't hurt to log into your social media accounts. You attempt to log into twitter, but the website kept claiming your account didn't exist. You try to search your friends and family's Facebook pages. Maybe I'll find something about you there. Nothing. It's almost like Dark had completely erased you from existence back home.

You feel like you're going to cry. "Well..." You close out of the internet browser. "At least no one is worried..." You turn to leave the small studio room, when something gold catches your eye under some game disks. It was a key. You consider not to take it, but in light of finding out that not even your parents know who you were anymore. You squint your eyes, and angrily snatch the key off the desk.

You walk up to the basement door and angrily unlock the door. "If he has the right to do this to me, I have the right to know what he's hiding." You swing open the basement door, and you stop. The stairway down was small and dark. You look around, no light switch. You take a deep breath in as you slowly make your way down the stairs. At the base of the stairs you move your hand around, trying to find a light switch of some sort. You finally find a string above you, pulling it a small dim light flickers on.  It takes a few moments for your eyes to adjust, and as soon as they did, you gasped.

The walls were lined with weapons. Guns, crossbows, ammunition, traps. There was a wooden chair in the middle of the room, with loose rope laying on the floor around it. You gulp. Someone was tied up down here. Question is, when? You instantly feel a chill run up your spine. You shouldn't be here. You really... shouldn't be down here. You start to back up the stairs when your curiosity gets the better of you. You notice a tall wooden shelf, unlike the rest of the room, it was not filled with weapons. You walk closer to it, realizing that the shelf was filled with sealed jars. A few of them had a letter etched into them. One had a G, with bright blue smoke inside, towards the top shelf there was one with a W etched in, that contained bright pink smoke. And right in front of you, at eye level, there was a jar with an A etched in. You get closer to the jar, hoping to see what was inside. As you do this, the smoky green contents of the jar almost seem to glitch. You jump back in shock, and as you do this you accidently kick the base of wooden book shelf. The green jar was knocked off, and toppled to the ground. It shattered.

"(Y/N)?" you heard Dark shout from upstairs. "What was that?"

"Shit, when did he get home." You thought to yourself. You began to panic. You hear dark start to step down the stairs.

"So this is the thanks I get." Dark said this in a hushed serious tone. You were terrified, holding your breath as if that could help hide you. "I open my home to you, I have treated you, with nothing but my best hospitality." Dark was halfway down the stairs at this point, and then, he appeared right in front of you. "And this is how you repay me?" Dark pinned you against the bookshelf, you could hear the jars rattle against each other. "I gave you one rule." Dark spoke quietly but strongly.

You try to open your mouth to explain, but before you do Dark starts to question you once more. "What were you doing down h-" Dark trailed off as he looked to the side of you, noticing the missing green jar. He stares into your eyes intensely. "Where, is it?" You could feel his rage radiating off him, like a wave. You could feel yourself tearing up, he was gripping your neck tightly. You managed to look down at the broken jar on the concrete floor.

Dark quickly turns his head to see what you were directing him to. You felt him tense up at the sight of the broken jar. He raised his voice at you, you've never seen him this angry. His iris' were glowing bright read, brighter then you've have ever seen them. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE?" Before you could respond dark released you, and grabbed you by the wrist, and leading you upstairs, almost dragging you. As you got to the main level of the house, he slammed the door behind you both. He whipped your wrist around pushing you against the wall. You slammed the wall, and fell to the floor. Dark started to hammer you with questions once more. But before he could finish, you cut him off.

"What have I done? What haVE I DONE?" You start yelling loudly at him. Tears streaming down your face. "YOU TOOK MY LIFE FROM ME!" You were weeping at this point.

"I gave you a choice, we made a deal." Dark responded.

"NO, NO YOU DIDN'T." You screamed. "I didn't have a choice. You didn't give me any choice." Your voice trails off, a little shot from your outburst.

Dark moves towards you, crouching down he puts his hand on your chin, forcing you to look up at him. "You knew the consequences, yet you chose this one. ~ " Dark smiles at you. "You're mine, pet." Your eyes widen as the words leave his lips. Your life was over, he was your life now. Dark stands up and looks down at you. "As I told you from day one. Disobey me, and there will be consequences." Dark looked at you, squinting his eyes in anger.

You take a deep breath in as you feel tears start to flood down your cheeks once more. You looked out the large window at the forest. You stand up, and start to walk towards the back door. As you do so Dark slowly follows you. "Where do you think you're going (Y/N)?" You ignore him, and started to walk faster. You could hear him shouting your name as you started to sprint towards the forest. You needed to get away, there must be some way home.