Jeff Atkins

I think all of you would like to know who is Jeff Atkins and how amazing he is--was.
Jeff was never like the other jockeis, he wasn't an asshole and a dick. He was sweet and decent. He played on the baseball time and he was the best. The barrier between him and his scholarship were his grades. And that's the reason he became so close and a friend to Clay Jensen, his tutor.

I still remember how every single one of my friends had a crush on him in 8th grade. And i didn't, and they always asked me how was that possible. I told them that i knew jockeis, they were possessive and assholes, so i didn't want a relationship like that.

At least that's what i thought. 

When we were freshman's at Liberty High everything changed.

I was a really good student and had amazing grades. My mom was always telling me that I needed to be more envolved with school, so i tried out for cheerleader. That was the beggining of my popularity. I had no idea that i would get in, but i did. That's when i became friends with Sheri. If it wasn't for Sheri i think i would've got lost in my popularity. She saved me, she knew that i never wanted to be popular. She was a little like me, she was honest and loyal, she wasn't a mean girl and i liked that.

One day, after the basketball team wan we, cheerleader's and the team's, went to celebrate at Monet's. I spent all night with Sheri and a little time with Zach. Sheri turned to me and told me that Jeff had been checking me out all night. I couldn't believe it, and i told her that i didn't want anything with popular kids because they're all assholes. But deep down i knew that i liked him, and i wanted him to come talk to me. 

The next day, at school, on lunch break i was hanging out with Justin, Zach, Bryce and Sheri. All of the sudden, Sheri looked at me and said "Don't look, but you're secret admirer is coming"; i don't remember getting so hot, my heart was beating so fast, i even thought i was going to pass out. Jeff Atkins set right next to me. Then he started to talk to me, asking me normal stuff like "how are you?". Then we started to talk about the game of the previous night. We were, actually having fun. But the bell rang and i had to go to class. As i was leaving the table, he grabbed my wrist and gave me his number and said "bother me anytime you want".

During history class i couldn't think about anything else. I wanted to call him, but I also thought that i shouldn't. But i knew that i would have time to think about it when i got home.

I got home, and i finally decided to call him, he answered right away, i was thinking i was gonna have to leave a voicemail. Guess i was wrong. 
I heard his calming voice saying "Hey, i was waiting for your call", to that i said "How were you so sure i was going to call?". He said "I wasn't, but i was hoping you would.". I smiled and before i said something he asked me to go see a movie with him and after that to go have a milkshake and fries. I couldn't say no to fries, so i said yes.

We went to the Crestmont to watch a sci-fi movie, I was so happy that he knew that I didn't like romantic movies just because they're lame. The movie was amazing, and we made fun of it during the whole time.
After the movie we went to the Diner to get fries and milkshakes, and i told him that that was the high point of the whole date; after i said that he had this huge smile on his face, the kind of smile that a person can not forget, EVER.

After the food and after a lot of laughter I told him that I had to go home. I was hoping that he would walk me home. As i passed the door i thought that he wouldn't walk me home, and I was almost disappointed. But then he knocked on the window and told me to wait for him. He walked out of the Diner and came in my direction. When he got beside me he told me "Almost forgot to ask you something. Can I walk you home?". Of course I said yes.

When we got to my house, I was ready to just say goodbye and get inside and act like a 9 year old. But instead he looked at me in the eyes, non-stop, for 3 minutes straight. I asked him if he was okay and he just said "Yeah!". I started smiling because I was feeling a little uncomfortable and he started laughing at me. All of the sudden we stoped and he told me "You are so beautiful and i don't think you're aware of that"; I didn't know what to say, so i said "Thank you". He started to lean on and i felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest because i knew what was coming and i didn't know what to do, but i decided to kiss him. We had a magical kiss, like the one's you hear on the fairy tales. There were fireworks, and i know this sounds super cheesy, but it's the truth. After the kiss he looked deeply into my eyes and said "See you tomorrow". I bit my lower lip and smiled, saying "See you tomorrow, Atkins". He smiled back and left.

I will never forget that night. 

Next day at school, i didn't expect anything because in the end, he was a jockey. But he suprised me. I was talking to Sheri and he came from behind and hugged me. I turned around to find him smiling at me and he kissed me. Sheri had this smile on her face, she was happy for me, and so was I. In less than a month we became one of the most talked couples at school. 

All i have to tell about Jeff is, unlike the others he didn't change at all, he was always this sweet and amazing guy. I feel so lucky that i had him with me, beside me everyday, well, until now.

Jeff will always have a place in my heart, he is a part of me. I miss him so much. He deserved better.

I think I'm afraid of moving on from his death. I'm mad because i didn't got a chance to say goodbye to him, and that will haunt me 'til the day i die.