Zach Dempsey

This one is for you Zach. Don't worry Dempsey, I couldn't say anything bad about you because you never did anything bad, at least that I know of. You are one of the safe one's.

Zach and I have known each other since we were 4 years old and we've always been best friends. We actually got married in 3rd grade. So you can say I'm married, I guess.

But that's not the point. Zach has always been there for me every time I needed someone. He is the sweetest guy i have ever met, maybe even the sweetest person i have ever met. I would never give him up. He is my safe haven.

Zach if you're reading this just know that I know you had feelings for me in the past, like real feelings. And I think I shouldn't be telling you what I am about to tell you like this, but life is short, and you need to know that I had feelings for you too. I think I didn't tell I did because I was a shy girl and you were a shy boy, but now I can finally see you liked me, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you I liked you back then.

Zach Dempsey, you are the Liberty High's golden boy. Everyone likes you and you're the best on the basketball team. In the beginning of our freshman's year we kinda went our separate ways but because you got into the basketball team and i got into the cheerleader's we found each other again. And I'm glad we did, cause I don't know what I would've done without my best friend in highschool.

You are probably curious to know if we ever dated or kissed or told each other we had feelings for each other. The answer is yes. We kissed and showed our feelings for each other. However we never actually dated. But don't worry I'm going to tell you how it all went down.

Remember the party I was talking about on Sheri's chapter? Well a lot happened that night. That was the night I kissed Zach.

Has I told you Zach was on the group of guys that came into the room me and Sheri were. I also told you that they were drunk and so was I and Sheri. So you can see that me and Zach had a drunk kiss, meaning we said and did the things we really meant to say and do.

Let's start from where we left of.

After the guys left the room, there was just me and Sheri. We were drinking beers but we decided we needed something stronger. It was my turn to go get drinks. 

I went to this huge adult room or office and i just said "God, these people are rich". As i was leaving the room i noticed a bottle of alcohol, and it was bourbon, a strong one. 

I was leaving the room with the bottle and i was hoping no one was in that side of the house. But i was wrong, Zach Dempsey was there. He was obviously drunk, and i asked him what he was doing there. "Looking for a bathroom, a clean bathroom" he said. I told him that i was going back to the party but he didn't let me go, because he saw the bottle. "Where are you taking that?" he said; "Probably inside my body" i said while i was smiling and he gave me a smirk. "You know that Bryce's dad is gonna find out that someone stole his very expensive bourbon, right?" he said raising his eyebrows. "Oh! This is Bryce's house? That makes sense. With all these creppy stuff laying around the house, it had to be Bryce's house.", the moment i said that i started laughing so hard and Zach started laughing at me.

After that he walked me to the room where Sheri was waiting. Yeah, i got lost. As we arrived to the room, Sheri wasn't there, so i called her and she didn't answer. I decided to invite Zach to join me and drink with me, because i'm the kind of girl that never drinks alone. He said yes.

We spent hours in that room. It came a time where we were wasted and Zach turned to me and said "You are my oldest friend, i just realised that. I am so glad i met you". "Did you know that i had a crush on you when we were in 5th grade?" i said while i walked to the window. "Really? I have always liked you, did you know that? You were always there for me, and you are fucking beautiful but i never said anything because i thought you were into Jeff just like every other girl" he said, walking towards me, and looking at the sky. " I thought you knew that i never was like the other girls, i never had a crush on Jeff Atkins. All though i won't deny that he is really hot now" i said turning to him and smiling. He said "I didn't know that. And i get you, the guy is hot". He smiled back and we stood there looking to each other and i said "I'm really drunk" and he said it too. Before we could even think about anything else, we kissed, not only once, we had a full make out session but then someone came in and we stoped and started laughing and we left.

Monday, at school, we didn't even talked about it, in my head it was a drunk mistake and i think he thought the same, i mean we're best friends and i didn't wanna ruin that, i couldn't bare to lose my best friend just because of a drunk night.

*PRESENT* 

I'm glad i didn't do any of that, i'm glad we didn't talk about it, cause if i had lost you in that day... I wouldn't have you now and after Jeff and Hannad died i really needed you and you were there, every time i needed you, you helped me. And for all that you've done to help me, thank you, i own you Dempsey.

After Jeff died i was so broken and i was always blaming myself for his death and you were the one that made me believe that maybe i was wrong, maybe it was destined to end this way. You were the first person i shared a laugh after his death and for that i am eternally grateful.

Dempsey, you need to let people see your heart, because it is beautiful and you need to prove to people that being a jock doesn't mean you have to be selfish and rude, you can just be yourself, like Jeff was, he never hiden who he really was and he wasn't ashamed of that. 

Zach Dempsey, you have a golden heart and please just prove that to everyone. You are special and you deserve the best things to happen to you, you deserve a lot.

Thank you!