Twenty One

Noah lay in bed more anxious than he had ever been in his 29 years. Today was his turn to change their lives, the day he finally told his parents the truth about Anna and he. He looked over at his wife, lay fast asleep on her front. The top of her angel wings peeping out of the covers. He softly ran his fingers over the edges making his wife rouse "Hey handsome" she murmured quietly "Did you sleep much?". Noah shook his head "Not at all babe, I've been going over and over it all in my mind. I feel sick". Anna sat up and pulled the covers around her "Noah, we haven't done anything wrong. I love you and you love me so we got married. We aren't asking anyone for anything apart from their approval. Nobody can judge us because it's right and true. But if you don't think it's the right time to tell them, then don't. Just have the day with your folks and I'll join you tomorrow. Go with what you think is right. We have all the time in the world my love. It's your birthday tomorrow and I want you to be happy! You're going on like you're regretting what's happened. Are you?" Noah lay back on the bed defeated "No, not all babe, you know that. It's just-". "Just what?" Anna replied sounding annoyed. "Anna, don't be like that please. This is all I've ever wanted. I just need to find the right words to make sure they understand that too". Anna looked at him exasperated "I can't help you with that. I've gotta take a shower".

Anna brushed her teeth in the bathroom mirror. She looked and felt terrible, the cramps in her stomach were almost unbearable. She took off​ her clothes and stepped into the shower letting the boiling hot water batter her skin. She went through how she had just spoken to Noah, it wasn't fair at all. His parents weren't like hers, they obviously cared very much about him. She quickly washed, dried and dressed herself before returning to her love, he was still sat on the bed. "I don't want us to row, I'm sorry Grossman" she said. Noah took his wife's hand him his. Their fingers interlocked and he squeezed her hand tight "I love you more than anything in this whole world. I always have and I know I always will. I don't regret a single thing. Not even the ten years that we were apart. I found you again at the best time for both of us". Anna cupped his face in her other hand "Yeah, you did. It's going to be just fine you know?". Noah looked into his wife's big brown eyes and smiled "Let's go out for breakfast before I go? I want to show the whole of Los Angeles how beautiful my wife is!". Anna laughed at the prospect "God, I love you Grossman. Even if you are weird". Noah smiled at his wife "That's the thing babe, you're a weird Grossman now too!".

********
1st day of the Easter break. Hurray!!

Xx