Forty Eight

Anna's eyes widened with happiness. Inside was a beautiful Greek courtyard restaurant. "Grossman! This is amazing!". She closed her eyes and took in the sounds and aromas of her homeland and instantly felt at peace. The sounds of the Bouzouki music playing in the background, the smell of the meat cooking on the spit, the slightest hint of mint and rosemary in the air, the babbling of the fountain. All of it calmed her like nothing before.

He watched his wife close her eyes and stand in silence. It was as if he could actually see all of her worries slipping away. He had felt the very same every time he visited here in their time apart. They would never be able to go back and change what happened but he would do anything to make sure he never lost her again. She needed to be home and he needed to be with her. "You ok Anna?" He asked. Anna opened her eyes and smiled at him "I'm really good. This is just magical. Come here?". Noah went to her and she pulled him in for a kiss "You're right, nothing else matters but this. Not our folks, or Jennifer or bloody Adam. Not the time apart or how stupid we have both been. Or my painting, or the film of the first part of our lives together. None of it! I don't give a fuck what ever anyone thinks of our crazy little love. You're mine and I'm yours and nothing will ever change that again. I'm going to be the best wife in the world Noah and we are going to have the most beautiful life together. Just you wait". Noah smiled and led his wife to a table "Anna Grossman. We already are!".

"When we go home I want you to help me to learn speak Greek" he said later as he led his wife out of the courtyard "It's such a beautiful language and if we are going to stay on the island and have our hairy, big nosed babies I probably should". Anna grinned at him "My mum said it took my Dad a very long time. They stopped speaking English at home for months so he could learn it easier. You sure you're up for that?". Noah shook his shoulders "Maybe. Tell me a phrase you think I need to know?". Anna gave her husband that wicked grin he loved "Σε αγαπώ" (Se agapó). Noah grinned "I've heard you scream that out a hundred times, usually while your legs are wrapped around my neck" he laughed "You said it to me on our first night in the cabin all those years ago. I don't think you even realised". "What does it mean?" Anna asked. Noah leant over and whispered into her ear "It means I love you".

*******
This is so short and I apologise for that. But I'm trying to get the last few chapters done before the weekend. I'm afraid this part of Anna and Noah's life is almost over. Thank you to everyone of you who have made it this far. As I have said many times before. You're all fucking fantastic!

A
Xx