Not Over You

Every time I'm with him, I could just hear his heartbeat when I bring him close to me. Where he can protect me in his arms. I try to calm myself from the tension in my guts or that I needed to throw up.

But this is all a dream. Andy's been my best friend. He's there for me all the time, but sometimes other girls would cut between me and him when we would talk. What sluts! Sorry, I just get pissed when they take him away for a party.

My name's Jessie. Andy and I go to Green Garden's High School. Andy and I have been friends since he moved next door to me. That was when we were in elementary school. So we were friends for many years.

Over the years, I developed feelings for him because he once said to me that if he ever moves away back to Los Angeles, he'll always think of me. Well, we were just kids and I found it awkward. But I understood what he meant, eventually. That touched my heart. Over the years during elementary school, he moved back to LA because of his dad getting his job back. Andy was disappointed and I grew upset, very upset.

Andy left a week later. he had time to say goodbye to his friends, his other friends. But he said goodbye to me last because he told me that I would be the last person to hear my voice from all the upsets.

Months have passed since he moved away. I couldn't stop thinking about him. He's my best friend. A friend that was closer to me than most girls. I thought about what he said to me before, that he would think about me when he moves away. Every night, I would cry myself to sleep, dreaming that I would see him again. It sounds foolish that I would keep telling myself he'll come back, but no. His dad got his stupid job back. Doesn't he care about how Andy would feel if he leaves behind all his friends?

Every day, every year, I would come to school and just pretend he never was in Green Garden's Elementary School. But inside, my heart would ache for him. I swore my heart would ache so much for him that I'll probably die. I couldn't take it anymore.

When High School came and Middle School passed, I heard rumors that a new kid is coming soon to the school. They said that the new kid was cute, really cute. It is said that he was in Green Garden's before. I hoped that it was Andy, but if the new kid was, he won't even remember me. I'm not that scrawny kid from elementary school. I'm now 16. I'm becoming a young woman. Hour glass body and silky brown hair that flows behind me. I never intended to have a boyfriend because all I thought about was Andy.