Chapter Eight

Jessie's P.O.V

   Alex and I didn't see Mark at school today. If he was at school, then I assumed he tried to ignore us. But, I did see sightings of him, or maybe I was hallucinating. Alex and I went to Creative Writing. Of course, Mark sat in our group, but he wasn't there today. Probably he ditched 1st period. I didn't know. Or at least, I didn't care. Not one bit. Well, I least I thought I did. We did see Andy. He sat in our group obviously. He made eye contact with me like every minute. What's his problem? "Hey, Jessie. Know where's Mark?" he asked me. He gave a gentle smile like always. Ugh, that's what he does to every girl.

  "No. I haven't seen him since yesterday. Right after he yelled at you." I replied. I looked at my paper and thought about Mark. Today, we had to continue writing about that person you favored.

  "Did I do something that lead him to hate you or something? I mean, I'm not like that." he said. He sighed and stretched his arms out wide. I stared back at him.

  "No. Well, not really, Andy."

  "Hmm. I wonder what I did."

  "Like what Mark said yesterday. You left us. Left me." I said quietly as I rubbed my arms together. I couldn't take it anymore. If Andy didn't remember us, then just leave it be. I don't want to deal with it anymore. No more drama. Now Mark. He left us.

  "Damn it. Not this again. I told you guys already. I don't remember ever meeting you, Jessie. Please, I'm sorry." he answered. I continued to stare back at him. "I gotta tell you something then. Something that's maybe clear things up a bit."

  "What?"

  "I got amnesia when I was a kid. My parents told me. So they moved me here and thought that coming back here will get my memory back. So yeah, that's all I got to tell you."

  I widened my eyes. This is why he didn't remember us? He got amnesia? Now I get it. I need to apologize to Mark. For everything. This is my fault that he's gone. "Thank you, Andy. For telling me. I'm sorry that Mark kept yelling at you for you leaving us."

--------------------------------------------------------

  After class, I scanned the halls looking for Mark. Where the hell was he? I need to find him. Alex helped me find Mark. "Jessie. I don't think he came to school today. Let's just look for him tomorrow. We need to get to class." Alex said quietly. I looked at him.

  "I appreciate you helping me find him. Thank you, Alex." I said and smiled. I gave him a quick hug and went to class.

  Even in 2nd period, Mark still wasn't there. Why would he skip school today? Did he skip school because of me? So that he doesn't have to see me? So, after school. I guarantee I'll look for him.

---------------------------------------------------------

  Alex escorted me home. While we were walking, Alex broke the silence. "Jessie. I have to tell you something. Something that might change how you would feel towards me."

  "What is it, Alex?" I asked, curious on what he's talking about. I looked into his brown eyes. I'm a sucker for guys with light brown eyes.

  "I....... I had this deep feeling for you ever since kids. I......." he started. I stared at him, not moving from my spot. Wait, was I dreaming? That Alex said he cared for me? I couldn't believe it.

  "Wha....?"

  "I knew it! I knew that if I tell you. You'll get disgusted. I just knew it!" he said loudly as he started pacing in front of me. I didn't get disgusted. Not at all. I found it awkwardly cute.

  "Alex. I didn't find it disgusting." I said gently. I approached him and smiled. "I find it cute. In an awkward way."

  "Really? But, I...."

  "But what?" I interrupted. I took one step closer to him. I grabbed his hand and kissed his cheek.

  "Uh.."

  I giggled and continued to hold his hand. I ran my hand through his hair. He looked at me and nervously smiled at me. "I gotta go, Jessie. Sorry. I can't excort you back home. I'm really sorry!'' he said as he released my grasp and walked away. I watched him as he made a bigger distance. I sighed and walked all the way to my house.

---------------------------------------------------------

  As I approached my doorstep, I noticed Mark was leaning there waiting for me. I stood looking at him, but after a couple minutes I approached him. "Mark? Were you here the whole time.?" I asked him. he approached me and grabbed my hands.

  "I'm sorry, Jessie. I yelled at you. I shouldn't have. How stupid of me!" he said to me. I looked into his eyes and saw that he actually was apologizing.

  "It's okay, Mark. You were just upset that time. I forgive you."

  "Even though, I yelled?" he said. He took a step closer to me.

  "Yeah. Of course." I said with a smile. Suddenly, he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a warm hug. I felt protected in his arms of protection. My breath was caught in my lungs, but then was released after. I felt that Mark was now going to be here with me. Forever. "I also gotta tell you something else. Andy. He got amnesia when he went back to L.A. That's why he doesn't remember us."

  Mark released me and gazed into my eyes. "Then I gotta say sorry to him too, don't I?" he said as he pulled me back into his arms. I don't ever want to let him go. Not anymore. Again, he released me away from his arms and just looked into my eyes. Unexpectedly, his lips met mine. He didn't pull away for about a couple minutes. I closed my eyes because this was my first kiss with Mark. One of my best guy friends. Then he pulled away and cupped my face in his hands. "I just had to do that. Before Andy falls for you." he said and left me at the doorstep of my house.

  What just happened today? I gave Alex a kiss on his cheek and Mark gave me a kiss on the lips. Was it Andy's turn now? Do I give him a kiss or he'll give me a kiss?