Chapter Seven

Alex's P.O.V

  Well, Andy came back. Well, that's what I think. This boy came into our Creative Writing class. His name was Andy Janson, just like Andy from L.A. I thought I was dreaming or hallucinating, but by the looks from Mark's and Jessie's well no kidding. Andy came back.

  One thing became an upset. Andy didn't remember us! He said he never met us! What kind of "best friend" is he? I don't think he'll ever remember, but I hope he does soon. Mark already yelled at Andy for leaving Jessie "heartbroken and miserable". Andy yelled at him back of course, but he still doesn't remember meeting us. I don't get it.

  Mark and I was there for Jessie for many years. We started to hate Andy for ditching us. His excuse was that his dad got his job back in the big city. Big deal! Why didn't Andy fight for us. Why didn't he argue with his parents that he loved it here? Doesn't he care about us? Did he ever like us in the first place? It just seems to confusing! Now after several years, Andy comes back! After what he did to Jessie. I hope Jessie never forgives him for what he's done!

----------------------------------------------

  Mark and I headed to Jessie's house after school. We just liked hanging over to her house.

  "Guys....." Jessie said as we stood on her doorstep. Mark and I looked at the back of her head, waiting for an answer. "What you did back there Mark.... back at school. You never should've yelled at Andy." Jessie turned around to face us. Her face showed upset, but anger at the same time.

  "Jessie. He says he never met us! What kind of "best friend" is that?!" Mark answered doing air quotation marks on best friend.

  Jessie frowned at him. Now she shows an expression of anger. "It's been a long time since he last came here! What did you expect?!"

  "This is what I expect!" Mark said as he took a step closer towards Jessie. "I expect you to not forgive him when he begs for you back!"

  "Oh, is this what it is?!" Jessie yells back at Mark. She was already too close to Mark that she can already have the chance to slap him, but instead I interrupt her.

  "Jessie." I said quietly. I grabbed her shoulder to stop her from shouting more regretful words at Mark. "I agree with you that Mark shouldn't have yelled at Andy, but he's............."

  "Oh, so you're defending her?! Already another best friend I lost!" Mark interrupted. I looked at him and frowned.

  "Let me finish Mark!" I said as I forced my hand between him and Jessie. I looked back at Jessie who was still frowning at Mark. " but he's also right, Jessie."

  Jessie looked at me with wide eyes. Then she looked at the ground and took one step back. Her back touched the door to her house. "I think I'll see you guys at school. I......I'm gonna do my homework."

  I stared at her for a minute, then at Mark. Mark wasn't frowning. It seemed that he regretted yelling at her. Then he turned and walked down the street, making a greater distance from us. I looked back at Jessie. She was still looking at the ground, not making eye contact with me."Jessie. I-I'm sorry."

  "For what, Alex? All you tried to do was help. I know that." she said. She sniffled and used her back hand to wipe away the falling tears that marks the paved ground. I placed my hand on her shoulder. She looked up at me quickly. Unexpectedly, she wrapped her arms around my neck and held onto me. "Thank you, Alex. For being here always with me."

  I slowly wrapped my arms around her back. I never hugged her this long. Was this my chance? My chance to prove to her that I'm more than a child.