Chapter 3 - The illness

Confusion everywhere, questions running into my head like "what is going on? Where am i going to run to?", I turned to run when a fat woman pushed me down and as I tried to get up I felt a sharp pain on my knee, I managed to get up I heard a baby crying from no particular direction, then I limped to my house which was close by. I saw mama standing at the door next to Baby Goldie and she hurried me into the house and locked all the doors and windows making sure we were secured. She asked me what happened while cleaning my bruises, I narrated the whole story to her and also to told her about my promotion examination tomorrow. After dinner we switched on the TV and it was reported that some set of men set bomb and escaped, I was scared then I went to read.

Early the next morning, I woke up, brushed, did my morning chores and got ready for school. I didn't want to read anymore because i didn't want my head to explode and remove the ones in there i went downstairs to greet Mama and Baby Goldie." Are you ready?" she asked after the greeting," Yes mum". We went to the car with Baby Goldie and she took me to school but Baby Goldie didn't go to school because she had catarrh. By 9am I had started my examination, I saw people that I had never seen before people where copying from themselves but I didn't do that because mama had warned me not to. The questions seemed simple then I finished and waited for everyone to submit and I submitted.
An hour later mama hadn't come, I waited until 5pm but still she hadn't come, I became afraid because of yesterday's event and I wondered what had gone wrong. A friend of mama passed by and asked me what I was still doing at school, I told her that mama hadn't  come so I had to wait. The teacher called mama but her phone was switched off, then she brought me home and left. I went to the gateman to collect the spare key which I used to open the door. The house was empty,  I shouted and my voice echoed. I became scared and worried that something had happened.
Several hours later the sound of an engine came to the gate and was opened by the gateman. Soon mama's car drove in and i was very happy. Mama got out of the car and I hugged her, she apologized for not picking me up and I replied "no problem", but  something was missing."Where's Baby Goldie" I asked. Mama spoke softly, "she's in the hospital she had a bad fever and she was admitted to the hospital". Mama and i went in.