Flawless [7]

“What the hell?” Ryan choked out.

Archer threw him against the car “What do you think you’re doing?” exclaimed Archer getting close to his face.

“Whoa man. Calm down, I was just joking?”

“It is no joke, not when you play with someone’s life like that man?” Archer took a deep breath. “What if you were to slow, or what if that car had come just a fraction of second earlier? Huh?” Archer’s hand came up and gripped Ryan’s chin forcing it to turn in my direction. I was now by the hood of the car, my hand over my mouth, now words were coming to my throat. Nothing that I could must that wouldn’t be a scream.

“That.” Archer said, batting the rain out his eyes, the rain drenched through his jumper and soaked his hair. “that’s your girlfriend, the fact that would you try to force yourself on her just shows how vile your character is, but that would endanger her life.” He pushed Ryan against the car before letting go of him. Archer stepped back his heart rate was off the scale and he ran a hand through his head.

“You know what man,” Ryan said straightening out his jumper “You just need to mind your own business, like you said, that’s my girlfriend not yours.” Ryan was pointing at me, and I still couldn’t find anything to say. I just stood there. Like a dumb shrimp.  He jabbed his finger in the air at me, I didn’t like it when he point. Not just at me but in general, it was a bad habit.

“Yeah and you better treat her right…” Archer said before turning an walking away, pulling the hood up on his jumper, although it did no good, he was already too wet.

“Can you believe him?” Ryan said, as he watched him walk away. Opening the car door he  leaned forward and beckoned me back to the car, “Come on Delta, get back in the car.”

When I didn’t move Ryan’s voice picked up with anger “Delta. Get in the car.”

I started to move, but it wasn’t in the direction that he wanted it to be. I skipped onto the side walk and started after Archer who was close to his car a little bit further down.

“Delta?” Ryan called out, his arm catching me as he chased after me. “What the hell are you doing?” He asked, spinning me around, he held me by the shoulders.

Rain droplets flicked off my eye-lashes as I spoke. Ugh could this moment of my life be anymore cliché? “He’s right.”  I said “He’s right. I’m your girlfriend, you should treat me right.”

“I do treat you right!” Ryan exclaimed.

“You don’t deserve to say that sentence.” I said shaking my head at him.

“Why not?!”

“Because you sleep with Charmaine!” I broke away from his hold, and stepped back. It was a heavy claim for me to make, and I could feel his phone pressing into my pocket.

“What? I didn’t…” I turned and started walking towards Archer’s car, he hadn’t driven off yet, and I assumed he wanted to stick around to see what would happened between us. Not because he was nosy, but probably, because he cared.