1

Ashley Morgan walked in to her new bedroom in Orange County

Ashley Morgan walked in to her new bedroom in Orange County. Her family and her had just moved from Texas, since her father had gotten a new job as a public lawyer. It wasn't the best paid job, but that didn't matter since her mother owned a successful fashion company. The move couldn't happen at a better time for Ashley considering her break up with her ex-boyfriend Mike.

It would be nice for Ashley with a new start. She didn't mind living in Texas, but she always felt like she didn't belong there. Hopefully she will here.

"Great news," she heard her father shout from downstairs. She quickly ran down the stairs to hear about the news. "What?" Her mother, Alice, asked her husband. "We're invited to dinner with the Cohens tonight ," he answered exited.

The Cohens? Who the hell is named Cohen? Ashley snapped out of her thoughts as her mother asked who they were. "Sandy Cohen work at the office with me, great guy," her father said thinking of something funny Sandy had told him earlier.

Alice coughed to make her husband continue the story. "Right. Anyways he invited us over to dinner with him, his wife Kirsten and their son Seth," he said proudly. "Actually if I remember correctly their son is the same age as you Ashley, " he added.

"How wonderful. Now you can finally get over that stupid boy in Texas," her mother said amused. "Mom," Ashley said irritated. "What? He was a poor criminal," Alice said. Ashley rolled her eyes and went upstairs again. The last thing she heard was her parents talking about Mike.

It was almost dinner time with the Cohens and Ashley really didn't want to go. She really wasn't looking forward to having a awkward dinner with some people she never met.

"Why aren't you dressed?" Her mother asked. "I'm not going," Ashley said continuing folding her clothes. "Yes, you are. It's time you forget about that stupid boy. He broke your heart remember," her mom said desperately.  "It's not about him," Ashley lied.

It was about him. She missed him. Ashley thought the moving would be good for her, and it probably is, but she couldn't help but think of Mike. He was the love of her life, or at least she thought. "You're coming," her mother commanded. Ashley sighed and started to get ready.