2

It was chaos at the Cohens

It was chaos at the Cohens. Sandy had just brought home a kid named Ryan, which Kirsten was not happy about. Seth on the other hand was glad to get to talk to someone else than his parents and Chester.

"Cancel the dinner," Kirsten said handing the phone to Sandy. "Relax honey. This can actually be a good thing. Ryan can help keep the conversation up among the kids," Sandy said. "Ryan doesn't talk," Kirsten said as she walk in to where the boys sat and played video games. "Get ready for the dinner," she commanded. "What? Can't we cancel it?" Seth said. "Apparently we can't," Kirsten said looking at Sandy.

Sandy rushed to the door as the doorbell rang. "Welcome," he said as he invited the Morgan family in. "Sandy, nice to see you again. This is my lovely wife Alice and our daughter Ashley," Hiram, Ashley's dad, said. "Pleasure to meet you," Sandy said shaking Ashley's and Alice's hand, but stopped a while and stared at Alice.

When Kirsten noticed she stepped in."I'm Kirsten and this is my son Seth," she said shaking the Morgan family's hands. "Who's that?" Alice asked with a little to bitchy tone looking at Ryan. "This is Ryan he is our....um," Kirsten stuttered. "Cousin," Sandy saved. "Oh," Alice said with a doubtful voice. And so the awkwardness begins.

It has been a quiet dinner. Sandy had realized it was something familiar with Alice, but couldn't remember he'd seen her before, Kirsten had held a sharp eye with Ryan to make sure he didn't steal anything and Seth has kept staring at Ashley a bit, but stopped as he though of Summer.

Summer have been Seth Cohen crush since third grade, but he had never talk to her, but was sure she was the love of his life. He couldn't help stare at Ashley thought. She was so beautiful, maybe even prettier then Summer.

Seth was interrupted from his thoughts, when Hiram spoke up. "So Ryan, where are you from?" He asked Ryan. Ryan was taken aback so Kirsten answered for him.
Then came the silence again, until:

"Alice, Did you attend to Farkle high school?" He asked. "Of a matter of fact I did actually," she answered. Then she and Sandy realized who each other was. "Alice Anderson? We went to prom together in 1980!" He yelled excitedly. "Oh my gosh we did," she said just as exited. Everyone around the table was shocked. Kirsten awkwardly coughed and the said: "Kids may you excuse us." It didn't take long until they left the table.

Ryan went outside to smoke which left Ashley and Seth alone in the living room. "So, are you gonna attend to Harbor?" He asked awkwardly.

"That's the plan," she answered staring at the wall. He nodded. "Cool," he continued on with the awkwardness. "Yeah," she said. "So, I'm guessing Ryan isn't your cousin, so who is he?" She asked curiously. "He, um, was going to juvie, so my dad brought him in." "Oh, how do you feel about that." "I actually think it's cool. Nice to get someone to talk to," he looked at her and continued. "You might've noticed that I don't really have any social skills." " Yeah, I've noticed," she answered laughing.

He smiles at her. "What?" She asked. "You look beautiful," he says with a smile. She smiles back at him and began to lean in a little bit, but stopped as soon as Ryan came in. "Ashley, let's go!" Her mother scream from a other room.

After Ashley left, Ryan sat beside Seth. "What was that about?" He asked referring to him and Ashley. "Nothing," Seth answered confused. "Dude, she was totally going to kiss you," Ryan said as it was so obvious. "No, she wasn't," Seth answered with a awkward laugh. Was she?