Love and Nightmares

Zalos jolted awake and gasped for air. Next to him lay Kayla, motionless and peaceful. He looked down and found himself in his old Jedi garbs. Then he looked at his hands: they were flesh and bone, not durasteel and wiring.
"What's going on..?" He wondered. He leaned over and touched Kayla's side, when flames suddenly engulfed the bed. His hands melted away like wax, and his garbs burned away, replacing with metal plates and mechanical hands. He howled in pain as the metal coffin of his body closed in on him, and the screaming replaced by twisted, horrific, droid-like screeches.

He shot out of his bed and ripped his saber from his nightstand, the sound of it's ignition filling the room, while thunder and lightning raged as a storm swirled outside. Kayla also woke up and stared at him in fear.
"Wha..what's wrong?" She stuttered, half awake. Zalos' breathing slowed and he disengaged his weapon, shaking his head.
"Nothing...nothing." Kayla got up and wrapped her nightgown around her, then took his hand and rested her chin on his shoulder.
"'Nothing' doesn't cause you to almost put a hole in our wall." She whispered softly, Kayla knew her voice was one of the few things in this galaxy that could cage the beast Zalos could be. "Another nightmare?" Zalos nodded and sat back on the foot of the bed. Normally, he would sleep in his full combat armour, but since they lived together she made him take off as much as he could.
"It's been weeks since we've had a mission, Kayla." He muttered "Valiance is still out there. The head master is still alive, he could rebuild the squadron." Zalos got up and went out to their balcony. A thin, bubble like viewport was all that kept the storm outside from them. "He could undo our work." He rested his mechanical wrists on the balcony edge and sighed. His respirator sounds slowly matched his chest movement. A secondary one had been installed into his throat so he could function more normally. Kayla gently hooked her arms around his waist and rested her cheek on his pale back.
"I know love, I know. We'll find him. But we got that nasty little worm who left you, shouldn't that be enough? We..we have a future to think about." She could feel her lover's muscles tighten as he growled, then he relaxed and sighed.
"No..not until every single Valiance Jedi is dead and their saber is in my collection. Only then will I be satisfied." Kayla nodded and gently tightened her hold on him.
"Then let's go hunting, then..maybe we can live normal..ish lives?" Zalos turned and rested his hands on her hips.
"Why is this so important?" He asked. She bit her lip and whispered lowly.
"Zalos...I'm..pregnant." No words, from any other lifeform could shake him as much as those did. Now he saw why she was so concerned. They were going to have a baby. He simply held her in his arms, and the duo stared out the viewport as the storm outside raged on.