Chapter 3

Eren stormed into his tavern, the front wooden doors slamming against the walls. Rivan followed behind him, seemingly unaffected by his mother's action. After Hanji skipped in, Eren slammed the doors shut, locking it and immediately went to lock the windows. Afterwards he went to the closet in the back, unlocking it with the key hidden in his pocket. Opening the closet door, he was met with his stash of guns, daggers, axes, and swords. 

Hanji whistled behind him, before grinning. "I really, like you." She smirked when Eren glared at her over his shoulder.

There was a blur of movement before something cold and sharp pressed against Hanji's neck. Eren glowered, eyes vibrant. "Now, you are going to tell me everything you know and how you know. If I catch you lying to me for even a second--" The blade pressed harder against Hanji's throat causing blood to trickle. Then Eren hissed, "--I'll slice your fucking throat."

Hanji merely smirked, her sharp white teeth glinting in the dim light. Her eyes flashed before she nodded slowly.

Eren stepped back and turned to grab a twin sword from the closet, he sheathed them both over his shoulder, forming an 'X'. He then walked past Hanji to kneel before Rivan who was sitting in one of the chairs at a table, feet swinging slightly while quietly petting Reo. Eren brushed his soft, chubby cheek before leaning up to whisper in his ear. "Why don't you go upstairs and read some books? Maman is going to be busy for a bit, okay?"

Rivan nodded, and hopped off the chair, heading for the wooden stairs. He glanced briefly at Hanji on the way, who only smiled and waved.

Once Rivan was gone Eren pulled one of the chairs out, and looked at Hanji.

"Sit." He ordered coldly.

Hanji smirked, skipping over to the chair and plopping down in it. "Ooh, bossy!" She cackled.

Eren, unimpressed, sat down opposite of her and waited till she finished laughing. He sighed once she was done. "Done, now?" He rubbed his temple.

"Yep, yep."

"Good. Let's start."

Eren sat up straight. "So," he started, eyeing his nails. "How do you know....him?" His sharp gaze snapped up to her face. She was grinning, like always.

"Well, he's my friend of course!"

Eren rolled his eyes. That wasn't the answer he wanted, but he decided to let it pass. "Why are you here? What is it you want?" He leaned forward, not looking away from Hanji.

Hanji sighed and let her head fall back, crossing her arms behind her head as she tilted the chair back. She stared up at the ceiling as she spoke, "I want nothing from you, so you don't need to worry about that." She then looked at Eren who furrowed his brows.

"Then what--"

"It's Levi." She cut him off. "He's....not doing so well. Ever since you've left he's gotten worse."

Eren raised a single brow. "And what do you expect me to do about?" When Hanji gave him a knowing look, Eren angrily stood up from his chair making it fall back.

"Hell no! As if I'd ever go back to that bastard! After everything he has done to me?!" He clenched his fist, his fingers twitching with the need to reach for his swords and cut something up.

He willed the urge away. Now wouldn't do good for any violence or more trouble.

Hanji sighed, frowning. "Eren, you don't understand--"

"No, you don't understand. After everything that ruthless asshole put me through, you expect me to go back to him just like that?!" Eren snapped. Flashes of chains and a rusty cell door crossed his mind and he clenched his teeth, closing his eyes for a second.

I won't go back to that monster.

Before Hanji could open her mouth, Eren shot his hand up to silence her. With a scathing, dark glare he hissed at her, "Get. out."

Hanji stood and tried to speak, worry evident in her eyes. "Eren, I'm trying to warn you--"

"I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT!!"

Hanji flinched, exhaled and turned on her heels. Without looking back she mumbled--

"Be careful."

And with that, took her leave, the door shutting echoing the silent tavern.

Eren sank to the floor on his knees, his skirt pooling around him. The swords fell from the clutches of his hand as a single tear slipped down his reddened cheeks, hair shadowing his eyes.

Why won't he just let me live in peace...?

Everyday, Eren had to live in fear. Fear that Levi would come for him and Rivan and drag them back to his hell. He was a ruthless and a cold man that didn't care for others. All he cared for was power and....

Owning Eren.

As if he were some pet.

Which was one of the reasons why Eren escaped. He didn't want to be in a place were he was treated like an object. Being shown off like a prize. After finding out he was pregnant, he knew he had to leave. Find some place safe to raise Rivan and stay hidden from the cruel man.

But it looked like it wouldn't be happening anytime soon for there was a loud, harsh knock on the two double doors of the tavern.

It was silent.

Then suddenly there was a familiar musky scent. It was hinted with spice and--

...soap?

Eren's eyes widened.

It can't be...

There was faint shouting and even more knocks though more forceful this time, startling him. His instincts screamed at him to move. But before Eren could move an inch, the doors burst open with such force that Eren was sure it would need serious repairing.

His breath caught in his throat, his blood going cold and fear sinking into his gut at the sight of a familiar raven haired alpha.

There stood his nightmare-- his fears--

Levi Ackerman.

His sharp, cold gaze scanned the room slowly before settling on Eren who was still on the floor with wide jewel eyes. There was a manic glint in Levi's eyes as he stared down at Eren causing the boy to gulp and freeze. His voice was deep, smooth and tinted with slight madness.

"There you are... mon amour."