Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I hugged Fred as tightly as I could as we sat on the couch in the twin's living room. There wasn't any other sound besides our breathing in the apartment as George had gone to bed an hour earlier.

"I love you, you know that right?" I whispered, running my fingers through his hair.

"And I love you, Char. I can't believe I'm letting you go. I will never forgive myself if you get hurt and I wasn't there to protect you" he sighed, looking down.

I sighed, and threw one leg over his so I could straddle his lap. I gently tugged his chin so he was looking at me. "I will be fine, Fred. Cam, Roze, Ari and I will protect each other" I reminded him. "You're safer here. You know what You-know-who will gain from me if he gets his hands on you" I breathed.

"What about Roze, Ari and Cameron? You'd do anything for them as well" he pointed out.

"You and I have something he cannot understand but will do everything in his power to exploit. He's seen it himself, he knows the damage he could do to me if he only had you in his grasp. Our connection makes us being together dangerous" I explained, a weight settling on my heart. "At least until I can control this power, and use it against him."

"I'm going to miss you Charlotte. It feels like I only just got you, and now I have to give you up" he whispered.

"You're not giving me up. I am yours Fred, I love you. I'll come back to you as soon as I can" I responded, tracing his chest over his shirt. I leaned forward, my lips meeting his and the familiar warmth built inside my chest. His lips were as soft as ever as they moved against mine, slow and unrushed. I felt like I could forget that I was leaving in the morning.

Right now, it was just us, right here.

My hands glided down his chest, over his hips to the hem of his shirt. Our lips parted for only a second as I pulled it over his head. My hands met with his bare chest, and it felt amazing to run my hands over his skin, down to his muscled torso. When my fingers ran lightly over the skin just above his belt, his hands tightened on my hips and the kiss became something more.

His fingers gently ran up and down my spine, coaxing shivers out me. He ran his tongue along the edge of my bottom lip, making my smile into the kiss, letting his tongue find mine.

In one motion, he moved us from me straddling his lap, to my back on the couch and him hovering above me, my legs around his waist and a wicked grin on his face before he claimed my lips again.

The buttons on my shirt were swiftly undone by Fred's quick fingers, and the material thrown somewhere across the room. Fred's gaze at my bare breasts made me blush.

"No bra?" he asked in a husky tone, his eyes alight with fire.

"Didn't need one" I replied, before pulling his mouth back to mine. He moved so he was trailing soft, wet kisses down my neck.

I quickly undid the button and zip on his pants, pushing them as far down as I could. He kicked them the rest of the way off. His kisses trailed to the top of my skirt, slowly pulling down the material until I was no longer wearing it.

This is as far as we'd gotten since we got together at the start of the summer, waiting for the right time to go further as neither of us had done much more than snog with anyone else. The look in Fred's eyes as he looked at me set fire to my soul, heating up everything inside me. I pulled his mouth to mine, then pressed my lips against his ear.