Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"We have to go back! We have to save her! We have to go back!" I screamed, fighting against Cameron's strong grasp on me.

"Charlotte, please" he begged, the devastation dripping off his words.

I shook and screamed and fought against him, trying to get him to let me go. "What are you doing?! We can't leave her!" I screamed louder.

"They have her Char! They have her and if we go back, they'll get you too" Roze cried, tears streaking her face and she grasped my shoulders so tightly it would have hurt if I could feel it.

"Please" I sobbed, losing all the strength to fight and just falling into Cameron. He let us drop to the dirt at our feet.

"I want to save her too. God, I want to go back to her too, Charlotte. But they'll just kill us, and take you to him. We can't. We can't do that. He'll kill every single person we love. Every person we know" Cam shuddered, his arms still around me so I felt every shake.

I sobbed, squeezing my eyes shut as hot tears blurred my vision. "They'll kill her" I whispered, shaking my head. "It's my fault".

Roze's small, cold hands found my cheeks. "No Char, because of you, they'll keep her alive. We can get her back. They'll keep her alive so they can get to you. We'll just be smarter than them" Roze said strongly. I looked up at her, in that instant, I could see the Weasley fire in her eyes.

"We'll get her back" she whispered, leaning her forehead against mine.

My breaths were loud and laboured, a million thoughts running through my mind as I stared at the girl in front of me. She was right. Of course she was, but my heart felt like it was breaking with one long, slow crack straight down the middle at the thought of leaving her. I lost Ari to them, and it was my fault.

But we will get her back. I will get her back.

I nodded slowly, before finally looking around us. "Where are we?" I asked, my voice cracking. Roze leaned back on her heals while looking around.

"I don't know Char, you apparated us here" she sighed. My eyes searched the area surrounding us. The grass we sat in was knee high, and in the distance were the lights of suburban houses, but here, we sat in the dark.

Realisation dawned on me then. "We're near Harry's house" I gasped, knowing that one of those little houses in the distance was 4 Privet Drive.

"You've been to Harry's house?" Cam asked, momentarily distracted from everything that just happened.

"Um, technically. I flown near his house. Fred, George, Ron and I took Mr Weasley's car in fourth year, got Harry out of the house because his Aunt and Uncle were being really horrible to him. They'd barred his windows and everything" I explained.

"You were there?!" Roze exclaimed. I looked at her and bit my lip.

"Um, yes. Sorry I didn't tell you, but Fred and George didn't want me to get in trouble with your mum. You know how she can be. So they dropped me off back at my house before Aunt Sophie realised I was gone" I smiled slightly, but it was wiped off my face in seconds when the thought of what the death eaters could be doing to Ari crossed my mind.

"Right, we need to get somewhere safer" I voiced, standing up and using my sleeves to wipe my eyes.

Cam didn't move for a moment, staring off into nothingness. I knelt in front of him, grasping his hands. His sad eyes met mine. "We will get her back, Cam. Trust me" I whispered. He sighed, nodding. I stood, grasping his hands and pulling him up with me.