Chapter 4

Roze Weasley ^^^

Chapter 4

Inside was the most beautiful, intricate bracelet I had ever seen. Woven white gold made up a beautiful life like vine, twisting around the deepest of black diamonds. Around the bracelet, there were 5 diamonds, each individually spaced equally from each other. They shone in the sunshine, sparkling as bright as stars, despite being the colour of the darkest night sky.

"Holy sh-"

"Whoa" Roze cut Cameron off, and Ari just did a very audible intake of breath.

Gently, I picked up the bracelet and the gold was cool to touch. Impossibly, it was like the jewels shone brighter.

"Charlotte?" An incredulous voice filled my ears. I turned just in time to see Marley stomping her way towards me. "What did you do to my mother? She's having a fit" she growled.

I stood quickly, facing my cousin. "Marley, I-"

"What is that?" Marley gasped, her eyes as wide as the moon and completely focused on the bracelet in my hands.

"Um" I hedged, lowering it and tucking it behind my back. But it was no use, she'd seen it already, and Marely was by no means stupid. It was obvious the worth this bracelet held. Her eyes shot from me, to Ari, Cameron and Roze behind me, to the hole now in the ground, and back to me. Again, not stupid, so she connected the dots.

"That's ours, you can't take it. If it was on our property, it's ours" she growled, moving to take a step closer, her hand reaching out.

"Marley, you don't understand-" but before I could explain, she jumped for the bracelet, clawing at my hands, tugging and pulling and we both struggled to keep a hold, but in a matter of moments, she snatched it and held the bracelet in her hands.

I stared, shocked, as she held it with a smug smile. But her features began to pinch, and she looked disbelievingly down at the bracelet. She swapped it to her other hand as we all watched, and then out of nowhere, she screamed, dropping it into the blades of grass at her feet.

"What the hell, it burned me!" she squealed, looking at me like it was my fault.

"What? I was just holding it, it couldn't have", my head shaking, I watched her face contort in anger, her glare directed at me as she cradled her hand.

"Well, it did!"

As Marley squealed and carried on, Cameron swooped in and picked up the bracelet. "Marley, seriously, what are you trying to pull-"

"Ow" I heard Cam hiss, and when my eyes fell on him, the bracelet was out of his hands and on the ground again as he waved his right hand like he'd accidentally touched a hot tray out of the oven.

"Cam?" I questioned.

"Uh, it burned my hand. It's too hot to hold", he explained. "Marley's not lying".

I walked over, picking up the bracelet with a tentative hand, and held it. Everyone watched closely as I held it for a few moments, but it was still cool to the touch.

"It's meant for you Char. That's why your uncle left it for you" Ari deducted. "Put it on".

I hesitated, looking at the bracelet. But it didn't burn me like everyone else, so I slipped it over my fingers and onto my wrist. The cool metal slid on easily and it was like everyone held their breath.

But nothing exceptional happened.

"Get out of here, Charlotte" Marley's voice carries with a deadly tone. I look up to see her glaring. "You're looking for my dad? I hope you find him. Let him know the pain he caused this family. Nothing good comes from your family Charlotte, just pain." She goes to move away, but I call her name. She pauses just before she steps inside.