2. TAPE TWO

2. TAPE TWO:
two hot chocolates

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

CLAY stood outside Leila's house. He was a bit nervous, because it was been so long since he visited the Johnson's Household. He took in a deep breath, then rang the doorbell.

He was greeted by Leila's mom — Emilia — with a big smile shown on her face. "Clay my dear! Oh my god! It's been so long!" She hugged him tight as he awkwardly put his arms around her. "Y-yeah it's been so long Mrs. Johnson," he stuttered. She broke apart from the hug as they enter the Johnson's household. Then Emilia asked, "So how may I help you?"

He smiled as he said nervously, "I — uh — I want to see Leila. We have a project to do." Emilia clapped her hands together as she exclaimed, "Great! Leila's just in her room doing her homework." Clay nodded at the information he received. "Thank you Mrs. Johnson," he quickly thanked her as he dashed to Leila's room.

"Just don't do anything inappropriate!" Emilia yelled as she smirked when she heard Clay stutter. "Um y-yeah o-of course."

Clay softly knocked on Leila's door. He waited a minute or so, until Leila opened the door. She was shocked when she saw her best friend over at her house. It's been so long since he went here. What's he up to?

"Hey Clay! What can I do for you?" As she ushered him inside her room. Her room still looked the same. Light blue colored walls, with a few pictures hanged on them. One of the pictures was him and Leila hugging each other when they were about five or six years old. Her bedsheets were a solid white, with dark blue pillows for contrast. Everything looked the same, but he knew things changed. Not physically but emotionally.

"W-well, I wanted t-to ask you if you wanted to go to Monet's," he blushed as she grinned. "Sure! But wait... are you done listening to the tapes?" She whispered the last part with caution. Clay scratched his neck as he replied, "Uh... not yet. I just wanted some company while I listen to it."

She nodded her head in understanding. "Oh okay. Um, can you give me like five to ten minutes to change?" She looked down, while he mirrored her actions. Only to see her in her Spongebob pajamas. Clay blushed as he responded, "Uh sure. I'll just be outside."

Leila sighed as she went to her closet to choose her clothes for their 'hangout'. What to wear? Hm... She picked up a white shirt with a print that says, 'Wazzup', then a pair of blue jeans. Seems okay. She quickly wore it, then put on her favorite cologne.

Leila then turned the knob, going outside. Only to see Clay seated on the floor, listening to one of the tapes. "Pst Dew," She called him as he took off his headphones, then stood up. "Um — uh, ready to go?" He asked while fidgeting his fingers. Leila grinned then responded, "Yep! We just need to tell mom that we need to go, then we'll be all good!"