3. TAPE THREE

3. TAPE THREE:
regrets

  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ 

"REGRETS. You might've done something awful, that you regret to this day. Maybe something big, maybe something small. You never know how much it affects other people, until they do something. Something that may change your lives forever."

Leila, also did something that she regretted. Wait, she still does.

And that is being in love with her best friend. Who is obviously in love with her deceased best friend, Hannah.

I think this rings a bell already, right?

That 'best friend' is Clay Jensen. The one and only Clay Jensen. The boy with mesmerizing blue eyes and a mop of dark chocolate hair. The boy with a charming smile, that can melt anyone's heart. The boy who she fell in love.

Yes. She regretted being in love with him. She regrets it because, she knows he'll never feel the same way. She really tried to push past her feelings, but no. Her feelings were still there.

Still there waiting for his love.

And this is why, she will start ignoring him. For her to forget her feelings. And to move on.

"Hey Lei!" Courtney walked beside Leila at the hallway. Leila gave her a smile in response. "Hey Courtney. What's up?"

Courtney scrunched her eyebrows together, trying to form the right words to ask. "Did you know about Clay hearing the tapes?" She asked, whispering the last part.

"Yeah. Why?" She questioned confused. Courtney sighed as she answered, "Clay's been acting kinda weird with them. Heard news about it?"

It's almost been a week since Leila and Clay's hangout at Monet's, and Clay was busy listening to tapes nonstop.

Acting weird? Last time, he was alright...

"I don't know actually. Haven't heard much about him. We haven't talked like for a few days," Leila stated truthfully. Courtney gave her a smile as she said, "Oh alright. Talk to you later Lei!" She walked away from Leila, almost bumping into another schoolmate.

"Alright..." She whispered as she stared at everyone who was preoccupied talking with their respective friends.

  ❀ 

LEILA walked to the cafeteria, holding a tray which consisted of: a burger, an orange juice an a banana. She looked around to find Alex, alone. She looked around, once more, to see Clay talking to Tony, with a frustrated look on his face.