[1] SOMETHING ABOUT DERRY

As Lizzy sat tapping her fingers on the table, she innocently listened in to the conversations of her peers

As Lizzy sat tapping her fingers on the table, she innocently listened in to the conversations of her peers. The young voyeur's attention was drawn to the empty desk beside her. The desk that once belonged to her twin sister, Frankie Dwyer.

The girl had been missing for 6 months as of yesterday, and it looked very slim that they were ever going to find her. The hole in her heart left by Frankie was made even worse by the hole left by her parents leaving a week and a half after her disappearance. Almost as if something possessed them to go. Manipulating the neglectful thoughts they'd pushed to the back of their brain and rerouting them as the only command they could follow++.

The bell echoed throughout the halls of Derry Middle School signifying the long awaited summer break, Lizzy Dwyer let out a deep sigh of relief and went to pack up.

"Miss Dwyer? Is Miss Dwyer here? Ah there you are! Would you mind staying behind and clearing out Francesca's locker? I'd do it myself but I'm afraid incase anything has.. well, uh - sentimental value." The principal entered and scanned the room in search of the pale brunette. Lizzy hesitantly nodded. "Sure." The principal was tall and slender with dark circles and beady eyes. He gave Lizzy an unsettling feeling but then again, most adults did.

He plopped down the cardboard box into her arms and grinned, showcasing a row off coffee stained canines unevenly lined up. "Have a nice summer, Miss Dwyer."

The girl shrugged passed him and unsteadily grabbed her passing best friend's arm as they power walked down the halls of Derry High.
"Meet me in the bathroom, get a cigarette ready." She winked at Beverly, causing Bev to smile as she continued to walk down the hall faster than Liz.
Lizzy sighed and approached the locker that was beside her own. The locker that had remained untouched for months incase the student made a return. She never did. She never would.

As she opened the locker, she was surprised to find a number of pictures of her in it. Pictures of both of them in happier times. She rubbed her temple and plucked them out one by one, carefully removing the magnets that secured them in place.
She flicked through her jotters that were neatly piled up from largest to smallest, it was a habit that both Twins had picked up. They liked patterns, Frankie was especially good at them though. The jotters were half empty with doodles filling up the back pages followed by many blank ones, indicating how little the girl had been attending. Even looking at the handwriting made Lizzy want to burst into tears but she could feel eyes burning into her from behind and stayed strong, trembling as she placed the jotters into the box in reverse order. There was also some knick-knacks in the locker like Frankie's favourite perfume and a hand mirror. But nothing made Lizzy want to cry more than the bow she found neatly perched on the top shelf.
Frankie always wore bows in her hair, she loved them. Their father (due to his weath) was able to supply her with a large collection of them, all the them embroidered with F.D on them to indicate her ownership. She delicately picked it up and placed it at the top of the box. Shutting the lid and temporarily closing off her memories of Frankie as tears threatened to fall from her eyes.