[2] PROM NIGHT

(Trigger warning: self harm)

Richie banged on the table out of annoyance. "I can't believe that stupid fuck Jimmy Stevenson is taking her to the high school dance. I mean, c'mon, he's 16. That's almost some pedophile shit right there."

None of the boys were interested in his rant, although it was odd that a 16 year old was taking a 13 year old to his prom. It didn't really make any sense. "B-b-but Richie, sh-sh-she's known him for years. He's her n-ne-neighbour." Bill struggled out, trying to remain level headed in the situation.

"That makes no difference - I've known her for years too! What if she's actually going steady with him? Oh, fuck. There's no way. I cycled past his house one day and he was blasting Genesis. No woman can love a man who listens to Phil Collins, it's just not fucking logical!" Stan sighed and rubbed his eyes as his friend continued to rant. When it came to Lizzy, Richie constantly overreacted. Whether it was checking her out or making inappropriate comments about the girl, it was clear Richie had something deep for her. When he was a kid he had tried to deny it the best he could but as soon as hormones kicked in he was suddenly all about her.

Her smile. Her laugh. Her weird sarcastic humour.

Richie Tozier was in love.

~~~

The pink dress fit like a glove as she added matching blush to the apples of her cheeks. As soon as she got home, she rushed to her room where Debbie had laid out her dress for the night.
Liz giggled as she twirled, causing the tulle skirt to fly out. She looked like one of those fairies on top of the Christmas tree.

Her eyes were lined with some of Deb's new Revlon eyeliner and her lipstick complemented her dress and cheek colour.
The middle Dywer child sighed and looked at herself in the mirror for about the millionth time. She wanted to appear as mature as possible to these teenagers. All she wanted was to be accepted and not to be recognised for her missing twin.

Fussing with her hair for about the millionth time, she finally settled with her appearance. Lizzy looked at the choice of shoes Debbie had placed neatly beside the door and scoffed.

Peep toe heels weren't her thing.

She'd pretended to like them all her life but tonight was the night that she'd finally had enough. Plus, she'd be dancing all night, she would probably need comfier footwear.

With a mischievous smirk she plucked her white converse from her closet and neatly did the little bows.
After one last twirl in the mirror, she excitedly laughed and hopped down the staircase meeting a nervous Debbie at the bottom.

"You look- beautiful! My god, I can't believe it!" Her older sister laughed out of shock at the secret tomboy. Lizzy couldn't help but smile at her sister's comment and followed it up with the little curtsy to show her appreciation.