Dammeu: A Deaf Cat and A Japanese School Girl

Damara's P.O.V.

[Japanese] It is sad to see Meulin all by herself. She just sits there looking at the wall. Kurloz is busy being Mituna's moirail and taking care of him. To be fair, Mituna is a little asshole to take care of. It isn't his fault, but i'm still angry at him for leaving Meulin.

I wanted to say something to her, but she can't hear me. Besides, I would say something like "hey wanna fill a bucket" and scare her off. I have that talent.

Meulin's very pretty, and even though i'd be matesprits with anyone (except for Cronus. EW.) I want to be hers, and only hers.

I sigh. It's all that bitch kurloz fault. If he hadn't deafened her I could go talk to her. I'd even speak in english. But, Meulin forgave him. I don't know why but she did.

My love for Meulin is different. Normally, I just want sleep with whoever or fill a bucket. Be dirty and sexy. But Meulin, it's not like that. I want to hold her. I want to be with her and love her. Genuinely. 

And yes, I still get dirty thoughts thinking about her, but its different. She's so perfect and cute, friendly and weird, and just lovable. 

I guess she caught me staring because she started to wave her hands in the air and giggle, and run over to me.

"Hello Damara!" she exclaims and pulls me into a hug. "How are you?!" That was all I made out. Since she couldn't hear herself, she didn't know that she was sounding like gibberish. I didn't know how to tell her that, so I put my finger to her lips so she would understand to sign instead. Her signs would be easier to understand.

"Oh" she mumbled under her breath. Her face expressed a little sadness knowing that I couldn't understand her. I felt awful. I wanted to tell her so many things, but I just couldn't.

She pulls away and mouths "sorry" to me. When she did that, I felt what was left of my happiness sucked right out of me. She looks down at her shoes and walks back to her spot, dragging her feet. I feel a small tear form in my eye and drip down my face.

"Damn it!" I practically shout. "Not again!" I had cried over Meulin before, But I didn't want to. Ever since Rufioh, I promised myself I would never cry over someone I loved. Ever.

I sniffle and wipe my face, and glaze back at Meulin. She was twiddling with her fingers while sitting cross legged by the wall. 

I'm standing not far behind her. I start to reach out toward her, but stop. "What am I doing?" I ask myself. I don't know what to say. I don't know hardly any signs. 

I draw back and walk away. I hated that I left her alone, but I didn't know what to do. 

As I'm walking away, I stumble into Kankri. 

Great.

"Pardon me Damara, but I may of overheard---"

"Why were you watching me!" I hiss.

"Damara that was uncalled for screaming, and very well could of triggered somebody. Be more careful. Now, as I was saying, I may of saw what happened between you and Meulin. I apologize if this triggers you, however I may be able to help in this particular situation." 

#shouting #triggerwarning #unthoughtfulwatching 

I give him a cold glare. I didn't need him seeing that, but he said he could help and I'm desperate. "Go on" I whisper.

"Thank you Damara. Now, where was I? Oh yes. I was saying I could help you communicate with Meulin. Though she speaks with her voice sometimes, its hard to understand, and she has been switching to signs. I could give you a book that could teach you some so you can communicate with her."

#triggerwarning #deaf #signlanguage #sorryformakingyoufeelbadaboutyourdisabiltythatdoesntallowyoutotalkorhear

I look at Kankri. He might actually be helpful for once. 

"Can I have it?" I finally say. "There's something I want to tell her." I say with my voice trailing off.

"Of course! I wouldn't of offered if it wasn't a true statement. Let me go find it and I will give it to you. Wait in the particular area so I can find you."

#triggerwarning #stayingput

He can be a weird little shit sometimes, but he is somewhat useful.

~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~

Kankri comes back with a fairly large book in hand, which I take and run off. I don't want to talk to him, for I will be here all day. 

"Damara wait! --" I stop and turn. 

"Thank you" I say with a smile and run off.

I find a good place to settle and start to study. They're 3 particular words I need to find first. 

~~~~time skip~~~~

Its been about a week, but I've been studying that book like crazy. For once, I'm exited about something. 

Meulin is in the same spot. I don't even know if she moved. I walk up behind her. This is it, and I sure hope I don't mess up. 

I tap her shoulder to get her attention. She looks up, and beams a great big smile and waves.

I kneel down beside her and start signing the words "I'm sorry I didn't learn this before, but I love you." 

Her face lit up and she smiled so big I think her face broke. She started to giggle and blush and get very ecstatic. It was the most amazing thing to watch. She then signs back

"You do?! This is the most best day ever! I love you so much!!" 

And this time, I understood every word. 

She leaped up and signed " can I kiss you?" 

I smile and nod. I grab her face as gentle as could be, and kiss her. It felt way different than when I kiss others. This was real.

And my love for her was real as well.