Part 2

"Kat, wake up!"

 I woke again with a start. All of the previous events flooded back to me. As I looked around I realised I wasn't in the same place as last time. I was obviously someplace far away from there.

 "Where am I? Who are you? What are you doing to me?" I stood up but it was too quickly for my brain to adjust and toppled over again.

 "Kat? Don't you remember your own team mate? Your best bud through perilous dangers and imminent deaths?" He looked earnest and his eyes had a warm familiarity to them.

 "I'm sorry. I have no idea who you are and where I am." All of this didn't make any sense; first I was running for my life, then I was in a strange facility with strange people and now I was in a dilapidated building. Old holey socks here and there, crumbling walls, a rat infested and mouldy washing pile in the corner far from me. I was already quite afraid of it.

 "Peeta! She's got brain damage!" He looked quite upset and worried. Seconds later out came a younger looking man with a stretcher in one hand and a stethoscope in the other. He walked over to me and took my temperature. He had kind old eyes and soft hands when he touched me.

 "Katniss. Tell me what you remember." He gazed into my eyes again leaving me no choice but to tell him everything.

 I decided to start from the very beginning. "All I remember is running. So much running. I had something around me, around my neck. Then I woke up in a strange place with people watching me. Recording my actions. I was hurt, my brain was on fire. I was trying to remember something. Then I was here. With you guys."

 "Do you remember why you were running? Do you remember who we are?" It was the one called Peeta speaking. He was softer than the other one, kinder towards me. I shook my head.

 The other one spoke this time, but not me or Peeta, but to a radio. "Delta A group, systems are down. Leader is suspended temporarily, report to Alpha Base immediately to send the Omega to our co-ordinates."

 The radio fizzed and sizzled until a crackled voice replied. "Righto Leader. May I ask the situation?" He seemed curious to discover whatever my state is; which obviously, I wasn't sure of.

 Peeta snatched the radio from the other one and contemplated what to say whilst holding the other one back by his index finger. "Look, if I said that Leader is suspended and that evac for certain individuals might be necessary, would you bring a med team and shut up?"

 The man on the radio started humming slightly. He knew, of course, that by sending a "med team" would give him top gossip. And, my prediction came right. "Defo Leader. Copy that." He sounded like a man from one of those movies, the war ones back home. I winced. I had remembered something from before the running. Peeta noticed.

 "Katniss? Are you okay?" He seemed genuinely concerned and I wondered if he knew me before. I only just realised that I knew how to do things without learning them; that must mean I had a past.

 Suddenly, four more men ran into room and then stopped, awaiting instructions from Peeta or the other one. They both seemed annoyed.

 "Well! She's right here!" The other one had finally spoken since his talk on the radio. "Check for brain damage, see if she's got amnesia or dementia." I began to worry and jumped up.

 "What!? I haven't got any of those things, those whatever they are! I'll remember! Just don't hurt me!" I screamed at them constantly until they left me alone. I then regained my posture and tried to remember. It hurt me, remembering but I did manage. I saw Peeta, younger Peeta and he was holding burnt bread. We were together, outside in the pouring rain. I think it was a poor place, somewhere where rats would find ideal. I'd never heard of that place but apparently, my old self did. Then the memory jumped. The other one came whilst me and Peeta were in the house, just talking, talking about solemn matters. After that, the memory stopped.

 I told them what I remembered. "Well it's a start." said one and "We'll just keep trying" said another. It was as if they were disappointed in me. Guilt filled my veins; I should've tried harder. I already knew that Peeta has been with me for as long as I could manage to remember and there must some meaning there for him, and the other one came later on, so he must mean something to.

 He started to introduce himself. "I'm Gale, Catnip. I'm the pro shot, apart from you of course." At this I became confused but shrugged it off. One of the men spoke now, one of the meds, "Hey Kat. I'm Finnick Odair." Then the next one, "Cinna." The one that stank spoke up; "Hey sweetheart." He left it at that. The final one said, "Caesar, Caesar Flickerman."

 I was so upset that I didn't understand who they were, that I started to hyper-ventilate. I must've grown their worries because all of them began to lay me down and check their med bags. All I needed was a giant brown paper bag. But no, they just had to get a whole breathing system for me. It made me squeamish.

 "Katniss! Are you okay?" Gale said with genuine worry in his strongly built face. Actually, he wasn't bad looking; a strong squared chin, pale olive skin and small brown eyes, he was basically me.

 "Yes. I think," breathing through my mask which I was scared would make me inaudible. "Tell me what happened from the very beginning. I might remember."

 All of them looked reluctant. It seemed a story no one could tell. Yet they knew I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear so desperately.

 "Well? Won't one of you? Or is it so terrible that you accept that I mightn't get my memory back?" That shook them. I knew exactly where to pull the strings now. Of course, I know them! I thought.

 Reluctantly Cinna spoke. "I will tell you what I saw and know but it may not give you justice." I told him I did not care. He smiled lightly and began......

 ########

Long one, sorry guys. Hope you liked it :) (don't forget to vote)