Part 4

"Particle Fusion Generator?" I queried. Why had I performed that mission alone? What was so important about it?

 "What is so important about it? Well, when Peeta was given back to us as a sort of bribe, he told us information. He knew that was what they used to power everyone and everything. It reflected pieces of itself into every living being in case it got damaged. We intend to retrieve it and destroy it so Snow won't be in control of anyone. He shall be overpowed!" Gale said that with dignity. He seemed so happy about this, that he was finally getting justice for what had been done to the districts. I couldn't grasp it.

 "Why!? We are free now!" It was annoying actually. Why go back when we were fine in this jungle?

 "There is still our people in their!" Peeta said, pointing vaguely towards a side of the jungle. "They are being controlled by this new technology. They can't be free!"

 Cinna moved forward. "Katniss, what they speak of is true. I escaped by the finest of edges. I was tortured and beaten but I made it. You cannot believe what is happening in there." Then softer, "That is why you are so important. You had it. You saw it. And you came back alive. You are everything to this."

 I was confused. If I was so important, why couldn't I remember anything? I was being treated like a stupid child.

 Suddenly, the walkie-talkie (that I hadn't noticed before) on Flickerman's belt blared to life. Statically it said, "M.J. to leader group , M.J. to leader group. We have discovered the unguarded territory that main leader stated. Over." Everyone looked at me while I gulped.

 Nervously and cautiously, I replied to M.J. "What did I say exactly? And what does M.J. mean?... Over!"

 "M.J. means Mocking Jays but some people joke that it's Martyred Jocks. We are the youngest rebels in the army and are unfortunately the least trained...." He paused, nervous to continue. "Leader, you told us the unguarded territory was located at 38.89736, -77.03701. In the olden days, it was called the White House, Washington D.C."

 The olden days. Before the rebellion. Before Panem. We used to be called America, and we were powerful.

 Standing, quite quickly, I snatched the radio from Flickerman and ran out of the building I was forsaken in. The sun shone down, blinding me momentarily. It was beautiful; dark green trees shooting upwards towards the glistening blue sky, tropical flowers and unknown plants grew from the ground decorating the landscape. Gawping, I stood there, shielding my eyes.

 "Katniss..." A voice whispered behind me. I span around. It was Peeta. "You need to remember. These people need a leader. President Snow needs to die. We need vengeance. Do you understand?"

 I did understand. I understood perfectly. They wanted me to remember what happened so they could kill a man I hadn't heard of.

 "Why?" The questioning and fear in my voice was undeniable. I didn't care. I didn't know, moreover.

 "Katniss!" A little girl squealed my name. Pigtails, blonde hair and a little pink dress just added to the innocence. Then, it struck me. I knew this girl.

 She wrapped her arms around me, tears in her eyes. I stepped back. So far, I hadn't remembered anything to do with a little girl. Suddenly, what was joy before, changed to confusion as the girl saw my expression.

 "Katniss? It's me, Prim. Your sister," she laughed slowly, trying to shake away the look of concern from her face. I didn't want to make her upset. She looked so fragile with her small hands, and delicate pale face.

 "Prim! It's been a long day. I'm really tired. Go to mom and stay there. I don't want you to get hurt." I tucked in part of her dress in the belt and quietly said "Ducky." It seemed to give the desired affect. She ran happily away, making me guilty about lying to her.

 I turned back to Peeta. "You remembered her?" he asked, watching her leave. I shook my head as if it wasn't my own. I was so ashamed.

 "We need the information inside your head! Only you know how to get in there unseen!" He was annoyed (again). I could tell and that made me feel even more guilty, even more useless.

 It then hit me. It was so obvious. Peeta must have meant a lot to me before so I decided to trust his judgement.

 I quickly detailed out the plan. He seemed unconvinced but he still listened. Finally,when I had finished he raised his hand to my lips and said in a mischievous tone, "It could work,"

 #########

A shorter one! Hoorah! Enjoy XD