Part 7

Owwwwwwwww......Everything hurts. My brain was doing an excellent impression of King Kong on the sides of my head; my ears deafened by the pounding and the rush of blood to every limp muscle in my battered body. What happened? Where am I? Oh.

A leprechaun sized figure emerged into my vision, which right now, was a little impaired.

"So, Katniss." Apparently, he knew my name. I assumed he knew everything else about me as well. More than I do anyway. "I am Coriolanus Snow. We've met before. When you and your husband won those Games." Husband!? What? Oh, wait. He mean's Peeta.

"Shame about that baby of yours," Is he just babbling on? Oh wait, I was supposed to be pregnant. Shame, though? Miscarriage maybe? "And I'm sorry about that friend of yours." Right now he's babbling.

"Katniss, why did you come here to kill me?" I was shocked, and it was too late to remember not to show it. "Oh really Katniss, don't be so surprised. I know all of your little Rebel plans. Once you'd killed me you'd grab the particle fusion generator, freeing Panem. Whoop de do."

The sarcasm actually hurt. But it struck me that actually wasn't the plan. I'm not too sure why I decided to kill Snow. Something inside me just told me we'd be better off without him.

Hopelessness was once again upon me. How did I know that? Snow would kill me, and the rebels would be unsafe. Snow would declare this as an act of war and bomb the jungle, like 13. Oh great now I remember something.

Maybe it was all over my face or Snow was physic but somehow he read my thoughts. He put a gun against my head.

Only now could I truly see the environment around me. I was sat in the middle of a dark damp room (well it was more like a cubicle), on a cranky and disgustingly mouldy chair. It would break at any moment. My wrists and ankles were bound together with old fashioned rope. The strong and unfortunately incredibly thick rope burned my skin and I could see the blood seeping into my clothes, dropping onto the floor. The door that I assumed was the only entrance and exit to this "cupboard" was guarded a little to heavily; seven guards in total. Was I that much of a threat?

The pistol blundered in the fear; I was unsure whether I was scared or not. Maybe that was the desired effect, or maybe my head wasn't working properly yet.

"What happened? You're going to kill me, I might as well know my mistake." My voice was stronger than I'd thought. Well that's helpful.

He glanced at me, then someway gracefully circled me, like a predator eyeing it's prey, it's food. He was as cold as ice, and his empty eyes that were filled with evil and a certain darkness, heavily complimented that fact. He looked, however, that he'd reached a mutual agreement within himself.

"Miss Everdeen," he began in nothing more than a whisper, "You were outside our facility for two days. You really think you weren't spotted?" This took me as a surprise and I opened my mouth to object but Snow continued, "We saw you enter the building. Well, no, we saw your body heat enter the building." He smiled deviously. I felt so stupid! Thermostat! Of course! But right now, my mind was on other things.

"Anyway, you're heat went almost directly to the ventilation shaft. And then proceeded-" he was interrupted by a tremendous bang, followed by a scattering of undeniable screams. Two of Snow's men had left the room but had also left the door wide open. I could see exactly what had happened; it disgusting. In the radius of ten metres I could see at least thirty bodies littered on the floor, across each other, crumpled and lifeless. Tears welled up in my eyes; many of these people would have had families, children, husbands, wives, and now they're dead. Part of me just thought This was your fault.

Snow was already at the door and in a deep conversation with one of the guards. Suddenly, they stopped talking and the President was escorted away leaving one man alone with me. He had a strong young face, possibly no more than 19. I felt sorry for him to be in the control of Coriolanus. And I especially felt sorry for him after what was about to happen to him.

########

Average length. I have no idea what I'm writing.. So, for all I know this could be absolutely rubbish!