Part 8

I stepped over the body of the poor boy and smiled at the team. They smiled back seemingly happy until I swiftly step forward and threw away my smile. "Where were you!?"

No one wanted to answer. It took several minutes for anyone to answer up to the point when, bravely, Peeta stomped heavily onto the concrete before me almost shouting, "Us!? Why didn't you wait where you were? Why did you get caught?"

Now I was speechless. I followed Snow because it was the right thing to do at the time. Now, well now I was just as helpless as I was being "interrogated" my Snow and his buddies. I wanted to leave, I didn't want to be on this mission anymore, I just wanted to crumple to floor, rip off my mouth, hide my feelings somewhere I'll never find them. Instead, I just ignored him.

"Katniss! Katniss! Where are you going?" He shouted after me while I just pushed past Gale and Finnick moodily. But, he had a point. Where was I going? To be honest, I didn't really care. Nothing mattered anymore.

I just kept going. Clambering over the bodies, my head heavy with thoughts, my mind full of melancholy, a cacophony of voices began behind me. Again I ignored them. Why should I listen to them? I can't remember what I'm doing here. I can't remember who I am. I'm being the person they expect me to be. Not the person I currently am. I lost my memory doing a mission I don't remember doing. Why did I do that mission alone? And why, why was I on the floor?

I didn't know how I was suddenly lying on the floor, my head seeping out blood. Blood?

Strong arms firmly supported me into a sitting position and two men attended to my head. I couldn't tell who anyone was, my vision was blurry, my head was spinning. What had happened?

I looked up and saw paper-white hair and thick lips that were presumably pulled across a face. Snake-like eyes darted around my face, studying my face, while mine were instantly drawn to the impeccably white rose he wore. But what immediately attracted me to the man was the strong smell of blood that lingered around him. Snow.

I screamed, I shouted, I shrieked at him. I spat, I cursed, I directed all of my rage towards him. He was the reason I was angry, angry at my friends, angry at myself. It was all him. I was being pulled away. But he was gone. I was gone.

##########

Quite short. Hope you like it :)