Part 9

Oh well, I'm dead. This is nice.

Death was a cold feeling. It started in my feet and crawled through my body, and entered my heart infecting my arteries and veins. It was a disease that everyone catches eventually. My eyes flickered to life. Oh I'm not dead then. Shame.

Peeta was kneeling above me, as was everyone else possibly in the entire world. I was being cluttered with people. I hate people.

"Katniss!"

"Oh, Katniss you're okay!"

"Thank goodness Katniss!"

"Well you certainly gave us a fright!"

"Enjoy your nap sweetheart?"

"Yo! Everyone, give her some room to breath!" That was Gale. I was thankful for that and wanted to tell him, but no sound came out. I began to sit up when BANG! I immediately sat back down, frightened that I'd done something wrong. Some of the team reacted with smiles but others reacted with a slight notion of fear.

"Katniss it's okay, that was just the White House. Well, we're actually in the White House but I'll explain later. Are you okay?" Gale's voice was so reassuring, so familiar and so, so caring. I wanted to reply but again no voice came. I tried to scream and barely a whsiper came from the ever diminishing figure that was me. So, in the end I just smiled and notioned for him to continue.

He was questionable but it was Gale, he'd tell me. "Katniss..." he began ever so timidly. He was interrupted by another BANG and unfortunately, that was the last word he ever said to me.

"We need to get out of here. Snow's men are coming in. And fast." What had actually happened?

My 'team' were blown apart with a force so epic I knew instantly that it wasn't us, it wasn't the rebels. It was them.

Maybe that's the reason I ran, maybe out of fear. Or maybe, just maybe, the knowledge that I had a job to do. My head stung. This time, I couldn't tell if it was because of my new injury or my memories returning.

My legs stumbled forward, exhausted and drained but still going. I couldn't stop. Because now I knew where I was going. I knew why now. I could remember.

He was shot. Just in front of me. Because of me. Oh God, I remember. The first stop on the victory tour: District 11. The home of Rue. Oh Rue, so young and innocent. The ceremony, I delivered a speech to the people of District 11, thanking them for their tributes. The old man. He whistled the tune that me and Rue used in the arena. Everyone saluted me using the same gesture that I used to say farewell to Rue. Oh my god. The Peacekeepers shot the whistling man in the head. They killed him. And then the Peacekeepers hurt Gale, hurt me. No, Snow did this. Snow killed the whistling man, Snow hurt Gale. He hurt my family, tore my world apart. It was all him.

He would pay. Revenge was now a necessity to my world. Sweet revenge, accompanied with the blood of a seventy six year old sinner. Yes, he would pay.

But first, my mission would have to be completed, for Gale, Peeta, the whistling man, Rue and little Prim. I could remember everything now. Looking around me, I was reminded of my second time in the arena. It felt like another time; my whole life was different.

Sprinting, I aimed towards the centre of the White House. It was no longer a maze. The layout was hard-wired into my brain and moving around was as easy as moving around the Seam. Left, right, right, straight, left. There!

Surprisingly and extremely worryingly, it was simple to find and lightly guarded. Actually, no one was there.

I approached the door with extreme caution, expecting ambush at any second. I dropped to the ground and gently pushed the door.

Damn it! I stared into a void of nothingness, the room completely blank. The room was completely gone. Snow obviously had taken the liberty of stealing my final hope of redemption and my entire life as well. I collapsed to the floor sobbing.

I thought It'd be okay. I thought I would repay Snow for all the pain he brought upon my people. I thought-

In front of me the terrifying figure of an AgustaWestland AW101 appeared; it held up to thirty people, flew as fast as 150 knots, and flew 570 nautical miles in one tank of fuel. Unfortunately for me this one had been modified, heavily. Three Colt M4 Carbines had been bolted to the side doors, a M249 Light Machine Gun had been stuck to the roof and at the front of this automated machine was a Mk.19 Mod.3 Automatic Grenade Launcher. This was a full frontal murder weapon, and it was on the roof of what was probably the olden day President's bedroom.

My legs quaked, my head shook, my body just wanted to run. The wind pushed against me, trying to turn me but I'd already seen what I needed to. Being attached to the beneath of the copter was an abnormally large container. It glowed a deep cyan.

###########

Did lots of research for this one I think. Army geeks or whatever should enjoy :)