Yeah, You're Perfect and I Have A Lion Up My Ass (ch.5)

Well, it turns out that my plan didn’t work out as planned. Bummer. After all that drama happening at the dining table, the Gospers left and I was left to hear my parents scream at me. For God’s sake, it wasn’t that big of a deal, there were just worms in the plates. They should be yelling at Paul, he’s the chef, he should have been watching his “creations” more carefully.

If you think about it, none of this was my really fault. Skylar was the one to have put the worms in the plates, not me. Well whatever, if she had gotten in trouble I would have just taken all the blame for her anyways. Sisters always stick together…

“You little brat! What the hell is the matter with you? We do everything for you, we clean, we cook, we love you, and this is how you repay us?” my mother yells.

“What are you talking about mother? You don’t do shit for me! The only thing you do is keep a roof on top of my head! You don’t cook, Paul does, you don’t clean, Skylar and I do, and you and father do not love us. Parents that love their children do not yell at them all the time and make fun of them and” I was interrupted with up slap.

“Listen here you little piece of shit, if you live under my house, you obey my rules!” my father roars “Go upstairs, pack your bags and get out! I’m sick of you!”

I run up the stairs, grab my emergency suitcase that was patiently waiting for this moment.I walk to my sisters’ room and knock the secret “code”. She comes out a few minutes later with her emergency luggage in hand and her poker face, well on her face. We walk down the stairs and out the door without even sparing a glance at our so called parents. It’s funny; all of this seems like a thought out plan, get luggage, get sister, and leave, but it isn’t. I love them though , I really do…

Once my two feet are out the door, I see my sisters’ face become normal again; she no longer has that neutral look. On her face, there is now sadness… It’s not fair to her, I think, fine I can live on my own, I was going to do just that next year, but Skylar is just 14.

“Where are we going Jessie?” she asks, her voice quivering slightly.

“I have this place in the woods Sky, we’ll be alright.” I answer her, a bittersweet smile on my face. Who kicks their daughters out because of a little incident? It was a joke. Those thoughts that I had earlier today about pissing my mom off weren’t true.

Sometimes, it gets too hard to handle. Don’t ask me what is too hard because honestly, I don’t have an answer for you. You see how messed up I am, the only time I can just unload and pour my feelings out is when I am talking to myself. No wonder people leave me so much, I just annoy them.

Since when did I become bipolar? I mean no offence to anybody who has that; I know it’s not an adjective. Trust me. Anyways…

I soon snap out of my inner conflict moment and see that my sister and I are now standing in front of my cabin.

“I know it’s not much, but it’s something I can call my own…”

“Just stop okay! Do you know what you did? Do you realize how dumb you are? They didn’t tell me to leave, they told you! Why did you have to bring me? Unlike you, I actually love our parents!” she says tears dropping out of her eyes at a rapid pace.

“What are you talking about? I brought you because I wanted to protect you! And I love them too, more then you will ever know! Were you the one that got slapped today because of something you didn’t even do? No, you didn’t. You were the one that put the worms in those plates, not me! I didn’t do anything! If you want to go home so bad then go!”

With that said I open the door to my new home and walk in without looking back. Naturally, I got curious and looked out the window to see what happened to my sister. I see her silhouette walking in the distance heading towards my old house.

I don’t understand what happened! Why did she leave? I thought she disliked being home alone all the time. I guess I was wrong… Wow, my life is just a bunch of surprises, bad and unwanted surprises but what can you do…

I walk into the “kitchen” in search for something to eat. Yes, I know that I just had supper but it’s not like I ate any of it, I was listening to that dumbass Jesse scream at me. Is it just me, or did all my problems suddenly become worse when he walked into my life? No, it isn’t me… It’s all his fault. Why did he have to butt in at dinner? Was it any of his business? I think not.

You see, even when he is not here, he starts problems. In case you’re wondering what he did, he made me forget about my food. Fun fact time! Did you know that when you play Tetris you forget about wanting food? Yeah, I just thought that you readers should know.

I finally remember my food and grab some ice cream from the freezer. I know, I know. Eating ice cream while feeling mad or sad is cliché but it helps and I’m not going to let cliché stop me from eating my favourite food. Get it? Got it? Good.

I settle down on the couch with the ice cream pot on my lap. I turn on the T.V and watch silently until I feel my eyelids getting heavier and heavier. After a few minutes fighting to keep them open, I give up and feel them close, my mind drifting off to the land of dreams.

This chapter is dedicated to 1olMichelle for making me my new cover. That is all for now.

-R