"Oopsie-freaking-daisy." (Ch. 24)

Hey guys! *cringe* Yeah I know, long time since the update, but.....Whatever. You may want to go back and read the last chapter.... Enjoy.

Now parents, you may want to cover your child's eyes.... And ears.

On second thought, why don't cover your own while you’re at it.

The revelation of Mason's betrayal stained him with a big red X right above his head. The once high ranking gang member was now their food and these angry sharks, also known as the Mandes', were ready for their lunch.

"Still think I won't be a good gang leader?" I ask him with a smirk.

My brain gawks at my outer self as I look as if I understand all that's happening. I don't want this. I never did, but it wasn't up to me anymore. I had to protect James and Jesse, or whoever killed my parents. Although, now that I think about it, I have no idea why. I'm protecting somebody's foolish arse, all while putting my own above a fire. That's how smart I am.

"You're disgusting." His spits out at me.

"Says the traitor." I reply, the smirk never leaving my face.

Nothing else is said as I leave the room, leaving the two- soon to be three dead corpses. As much as Mason tried to hold it in, the pain got the best of him as he let out a series of groans of pain as the gang members beat him to pulp.

Slowly, but surely, the life of Mason ... whatever his last name is.... was cut short. Unfortunately. Not.

I made my way to the room I used to live in, hoping for no interruptions, but sadly, that wasn't going to happen.

"You disgust me." A voice lets out, my sister standing right in front of me, "You think you can just walk in here and take leadership for something you don't even want? You think you have the right to suddenly remember your past and pretend you're the hero? Well listen sis, you can't-"

Does anybody else feel the Deja-vu here? 

"Look, Sky, you and everybody else here knows that I don't want this, that I don't want to be at the top of the food chain, leading a bunch of criminals into a world of pain, death, and other illegal things that this place does, but I don't have a choice. They said that if I could prove myself, which I did, I would be at the top, even if I didn't want to be there. James is gone, and I'm the second in line, so as long as I'm here, you and everybody else will listen to me and do as I say without complaint because just for once, I want to be in control of something."

"We'll see about that." She says and walks past me, bumping into my shoulder as she leaves.

With my mood even worse than it was before, I decide against going to hide in my room and head towards the basement instead.

Memories of screams and groans shoot through my head making me stop and hold onto the wall for a few seconds. The basement wasn't the source of my happiest childhood memories, they were probably the source of my fears. Days spent in the basement, learning the consequences of screaming to loud or not eating my broccoli were still engraved in my brain.

I eat all of my broccoli now... Not that I have to now being gang leader and all...

Snapping myself out of my never ending thoughts, I continue to make my way down the stairs, pinching my nose at the stench.

Years of torture and blood were crammed into this small room. I can't say that I would be surprised if they said this place was haunted.

After walking down all those stairs, I stand by the end of the steps and try to control my breathing. I'm out of breath.