1. BTW, You're an Aunt

This takes place post Invasion.

Artemis stood on an old squeaky wooden stool. She reached for the long abandoned things on the top shelf of her closet. All covered in a thick layer of dust. A shy smile graced her lips as she spotted the unused ski equipment. She and Wally never did go to the Alps. She stretched. Packing was a nightmare. Everything she saw reminded her of Wally, she hoped moving out might help her move on. Maybe she should have taken Zatanna's offer to help. She felt like she had been packing all day, yet she wasn't even halfway done with the top floor, don't even get her started on the first floor and attic. While stepping down from the stool, the box she was holding slipped out of her hands. The useless junk scattered across the wooden planks as the box hit the floor. She groaned and ran a hand down her face, her smile long vanished. 

"I'm a complete mess without him," she said to herself, placing the miscellaneous items back into the box. She came across an old crumpled photo that had slipped out of a worn pair of jeans. She and Wally were squished into a cramped photo booth, making ridiculous photos. She wasn't surprised to see a certain Boy Wonder sneak bunny ears behind his best friend. Wait... had Robin even been invited? That little creep! It must have been one of their first dates (yeah, robin was definitely not invited). She missed Wally so much. A tear slowly made its way down her cheek, she quickly wiped it away. She had agreed that she wouldn't cry anymore. 

"Hey sis," said a familiar voice coming from the window. "Cheshire!" Artemis quickly stood up, "What are you doing here?!" 

"Well, someone made a big mess in their bedroom." Cheshire commented, ignoring her sister. 

"What are you doing here?" Artemis repeated clenching her jaw.

"I was in the neighborhood thought I might pass by." She responded in the same nonchalant tone, waving off her sister's negative reaction. Artemis narrowed her pearly storm grey eyes, not believing her. Why should she? Cheshire took off her mask, "Fine," she sighed rolling her eyes, "I heard about Ginger's death I just want to see how my little sister is doing."  

"I'm completely and utterly fine. You got your answer; happy? You can leave now." Artemis responded coldly crossing her arms in front of her chest. Cheshire raised her eyebrow knowing better than to believe that obvious lie. Artemis turned her back and refocused her attention on the fallen objects, signaling for her unwanted guest to leave.

Cheshire ignored her. She walked over next to where Artemis was crouched and picked up the photo on the ground. She stared at it for a long time. Then turned to face her sister and asked, "You loved him a lot didn't you?"  Artemis gave her sister a slow nod while tears started to blur her vision. Cheshire walked to her sister and hugged her. Artemis was froze. You can say her family was never a very "huggy" family, but she hugged her sister back, letting the tears overflow and stream down her cheeks. 

After a while they let go of each other. Cheshire put back on her mask and headed for the window. She was about to jump out, but then paused and said, "I'm sorry." Artemis looked up at her sister not sure if she had actually heard her. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone with dad, I should have been there to protect you from him, been the one to take care of mom. Except I didn't, I ran away selfishly, and... I'm sorry." 

"It's okay, it all happened so long ago... I forgive you. I can't believe you actually apologized after all this time. " Artemis replied smiling weakly. 

"Thanks. Oh and by the way you're an aunt." Cheshire said quickly  jumping out the window, leaving a flustered Artemis in her wake. She was an Aunt. No. Wait... Jade... What! Her... Artemis an Aunt? Jade had a kid? Wow... that was the best news Artemis had had in a long time. For the first time since Wally's death she didn't feel horrible, she actually felt completely fine, not great, but fine. But that didn't mean she would hesitate to  kill the mystery father if he didn't treat Jade and her, hopefully niece, but possible nephew absolutely perfectly. 

This is my first fanfic, I really hope you guys liked it. If you'd like to make a suggestion, requests are more than welcome. Also, I reread my stories so normally there shouldn't be too many typos or misspelled words, but if you spot any feel free to comment, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Have an awesome day,