Chapter 15: By Her Side.

I awoke in Thayers room, the morning rays of sunshine blazing through the window. I'd slept so heavy for the first time in a while. She held me in her arms until the last tear fell and sleep overwhelmed me. All through the night she stayed by my side, this warrior woman so fierce in reputation yet a heart so full of grace.
I looked around the room, Thayer was nowhere to be seen. Knowing I had slept for longer than intended, I realised time was running out until she faced Roan in that arena. It felt like history repeating itself, this sense of urgency to find her, as I once rushed to Lexa's side before combat.

 It felt like history repeating itself, this sense of urgency to find her, as I once rushed to Lexa's side before combat

My guard escorted me to the arena. Crowds had already begun to gather as Thayer stood preparing for her fight. She looked so focused, that harder edge to her nature once again surrounding her being. I drew her attention away from her preparations for a moment, "You're missing something," I said.
She faced me somewhat confused by my cryptic words, "Enlighten me."
I looked to the guard who in turn handed me Lexa's sword. I passed it over to Thayer, "You'll be needing this." She took it from my hands and smiled as she looked over it. It was as though a part of her sister was here with her, protecting her. I watched as she practiced with it, feeling the weight and the flow of the steel. I was thankfull to have met this warrior woman who, like Lexa, would stand by her vow no matter what.
As the sun moved higher in the sky , more people gathered to see this fight to the death. The Ambassadors took their seats as King Roan made his way to face Thayer Kom Trikovakru. She no longer stood in the shadows, she walked with pride into combat. A natblida, a warrior, a force of nature. The time for bloodshed was upon us.