Part #04

"What do you think, Arjun, will this shade go well with my skin tone or should I get try a different shade?" Mayera asked, her undivided attention on the red MAC lipstick that she was contemplating to buy.

"Hmm...I think it does match your complexion, but why don't you try that red wine shade, I think it's even better." Arjun suggested, just as occupied as Mayera, who seemed to be appreciative of his suggestion.

"I think I'll buy the shade you've just suggested," she said and went on to make the payment.

Being the chivalrous guy that Arjun was, he had the urge to pay on her behalf. But the conversation that they had during the initial phase of their newfound friendship, made him shrug that thought away.
"I'm an independent woman, Arjun. I don't need a man to pay my bills and take care of my expenses, that I can do on my own. I don't need any monetary help from anybody, I'm self sufficient. The only thing that I want from a man is to be my companion in all the good, bad and, ugly phases of my life, not my ATM. And most importantly, not abandon me when I need him the most...even if it's for a greater cause."

Though, it seemed like a recent memory, the conversation took place four months back and there had been no looking back for them as far as their friendship was considered. Mayera indeed had needed a friend, not to listen to her sob story of her breakup with Sidharth or to help her deal with life and it's problems, but just listen to her talk. Somehow— and surprisingly for Arjun—she found that friend in him that night when she had come over to his place unannounced with beer and pizza. He had no idea for how long she had talked to him, he just sat there listening to her speak. She had so much to speak, from her childhood memories with her brother, to her college life, her career, her views on politics, movies, music and books (no mention of Sidharth, though). It seemed likely to him that he had said not more than few words that night and she had done all the talking till they both fell asleep.

Arjun however had no idea after that night, Mayera would actually start accepting the idea of working with him and that had shown significant improvement in the result of their work. She no longer despised being his teammate, though she still wasn't entirely on speaking terms with Sidharth, who was back on talking terms with Arjun. Their team of two finally had found enough evidences and clues that traced back to more people who they could approach to gather more proofs to back Rehaan's case. This certainly boosted Mayera's morale and she became even more active in her pursuit...and a lot happier than before.

It was no hard to fathom that the hope the evidences had instilled in Mayera, had done wonders for everyone who was directly or indirectly related to this case. Unlike before, even Sidharth and Jay had sped up their investigation and with all measures been taken, Rehaan was expected to return back to India in two months.

This was exactly why, Arjun and Mayera decided to go out and party...well, do shopping first. When they were planning their day out yesterday, Mayera immediately listed out things she wanted them to do and Arjun couldn't say no to any of it, unsurprisingly. As long as she was happy, nothing else mattered to him.
Even if I have to watch a bollywood movie....

Being a Ranbir Kapoor fan, Mayera hadn't taken a second before finalising on the movie to watch today— Barfi. Though, Arjun wasn't particularly a movie guy—strictly not a romance movie guy—for Mayera, he was ready to endure a Bollywood romance flick. Strictly, for Mayera. It did seem unusual to him how everything that concerned Mayera, never made him rethink his decision. Perhaps, to be around her was enough for him, even if it wasn't as a lover.