So It's True?

Year 3 Day 199

Isaiah has been getting more hostile every day, I have never seen him like this before. It's truly terrifying me. When he had come to me with hopes of starting a group of friends to go live in the north forest I had been game, he told us he would protect us but it seems to be it's becoming the opposite. I am planning with the other girls to escape but we have to work together, Isaiah is getting stronger and stronger each day. I no longer feel its a safe place for our children.

Stiles POV

"That was the last entry?" Scott asked, I have been reading the journals all morning while Derek decided to go back to work. "Yeah... I wonder if her trying to leave with the kids set him off," I mainly asked myself. I had learned it was more of a polygamy than a cult, Isaiah had 7 children with all 3 girls and slept with the rest of the people. The journal hadn't been completely finished so I flipped through the pages to see if something was hidden within it and a little picture popped out. It was a grainy picture of all of the women and children around Isaiah. "It sounded like they knew each other before," I laid back thinking, "Maybe they went to school together?" Liam suggested. The pups were all gathered around me either sleeping or watching tv, "Yeah maybe... do you think the school has yearbooks dating back around the 70's?" I asked and he shrugged. "We can go and see..." Scott told me and I nodded putting the journals and the picture on the nightstand.

Scott drove me to the school and Liam tagged along, luckily the library stays open on the weekends for students to study. We walk into the library and the librarian spot us, "Well look who the cat dragged in? I haven't seen you three in forever," Mrs. Keller smiled at us, "Hello Mrs. Keller," Scott grinned."How's your little girl?" She asked me, "She just started Pre-K a couple months ago... and two more kids are on the way," I told her and she gave me a cute little grin. I had covered up my baby bump because I was going out in public, but Mrs. Keller has lived in Beacon Hills and knows more than most of the residents here. "Are there yearbooks here?" I asked her and she nodded, and she pointed in the back corner of the room where the dictionaries and encyclopedias were. "The book your professor wrote said he started bringing members in 1973... so start before then?" I started seeing the yearbooks date back to the 40's.

I grabbed a 1972 yearbook and start looking through it, "What was her name again? Sandy?" Liam asked and I nodded. We flip through a couple yearbooks until Scott found a "Sandy" in a 1967 yearbook. "Wow... she looked totally different," I said looking at her radiant in health, "It looked like she wasn't very liked," Liam said pointing at some insults marked by her name. Things like "Slut", "Maniac", and many other Insults. "That's insane..." I said confused why the school would still have this on display. "Look down a couple names," Liam told me and I look down from Sandy Kane to Ava Keller. "It's Mrs. Keller... Do you think she knows Sandy and the cult?" Scott suggested, "I mean we can ask," I said confused. I just don't understand what Sandy is wanting me to find out, it's a cold case, it's not like they are going to arrest Isaiah.

Before getting up we looked through a couple more yearbooks to see if Isaiah was in it but we couldn't find him. We walked up to Mrs. Keller and she gave us her usual smile, " Hey um, Did you know this girl?" I asked her showing the yearbook as well. He smiles faded and she gave us a sad smile, "Uh yeah... Really sad, the poor girl just wanted to be loved," She said vaguely. "What do you mean? Did you know she was linked to a cult?" I asked knowing she already knew about it. She nodded "Yeah um, I've heard that her parents weren't always at the house, she was just lost and that demon took her in when she was the weakest," She pursed her lips. "Ok... thank you," I told her gratefully for sharing her memory with us.

On the way home my mind was in a million different places. Derek had told me before that his family had always lived in Beacon Hills, if that was the case wouldn't that mean Isaiah would be in the yearbook? We saw Derek's cop car in the parking lot, "Do you guys want me to fix the spaghetti we got the ingredients for a couple days ago?" I asked. "No but I can, you just relax," Scott told me and I nodded getting out of the car and headed inside. "Hey babe," I smiled walking into the bedroom. He was at the nightstand looking at the picture that was in the journal, he had a confused look on his face. "What's wrong?" I asked and he pointed to a little girl in the picture, "That's my mom," He told me and I raised an eyebrow. He went into the closet and took out one of the photo albums that was saved from the fire. He flipped to a portrait that was of his mom, "How can you tell? It's so grainy?" I asked him looking at the two photos. "I just know..." he told me sitting down. "She told me that she grew up in Beacon Hills, but she didn't tell me about being born in a cult, what happened to all of the other kids?" He asked me and I shrugged. "I don't know, Sandy never mentioned any of them or their names in the book. Yesterday she did have a little boy in her arms," I told him and he nodded knowing I couldn't answer what he was wanting to know.

--------------

I begin walking in the woods "Is this a dream?" I asked myself, I keep walking and found the cult buildings. It was a sunny morning and the birds were chirping, the sounds of children playing emitted the woods. I look back up to see Sandy radiating in heath and I smiled to her. "You look better," I told her and she grins, "All thanks to you my great grandson-in-law," She told me and my mouth opens in awe. "So it's true? You're the mom of Derek's mom?" I asked and she nodded, "Yes sir," told me walking closer. "So um... why exactly did you haunt me? Just for me to make Derek view his grandfather even lesser than he does now?" I asked and she shook her head. "No, I wanted you to clear my name, but having little Derek find that out is even better," she told me. "What happened? To you, and to the rest of the kids here?" I asked here.

Her son had run up to her and she picked him up "Alex wasn't doing so well... he has caught a deadly virus, Isaiah didn't believe in hospitals so," she told me and I nodded furrowing my eyebrows. "When he passed so did a part of me... Isaiah wasn't really phased by it. He was angry with me why I wouldn't do... what married people do, so his temper was short with me. One of the girls I had planned to escape with had ratted me out... disloyalty was a big thing with him. He had chained me up outside as punishment making me starve. When my timeout was over I had a rush of courage, I quickly forced the chains he had just unlocked off of me and onto him. I didn't want to risk my escape so I quickly tried to find the kids, I went into the chapel but only a couple of people was in there praying to the stone of God. I took it and ignored the yelling and screaming as I went through the other door and into the woods." she told."Why would you take the stone and not your own kids?" I asked her confused, "Isaiah still had me under his control I guess, I thought that if I took it God would be on my side... I also believed there was a microphone in it," She told me. "Why would there be a microphone in it?" I asked, "The members would confess their sins to it... I confessed to lying to Isaiah and then the next day he punished me for it. So I thought if I brought it to the police they would believe me and listen to the recordings," She told me."I was confused when you found me, that's why I had so many different ways I died in your dreams," She told me fading, "So you're crossing over now?" I asked smiling proudly that I had helped her. She nodded "Say hello to my Grandson for me," She smiled and completely faded

I opened my eyes and smiled "That's a different emotion I usually see when you wake up," Derek chuckled holding me tighter. "Yeah, Sandy is gone now..." I told him resting my head on his shoulder, "Why do so sound sad about that?" Derek asked me. "Well... I don't really feel like I helped, Isaiah is still free," I told him remembering what she had said about the stone. I got up carefully untangling myself from the pups so I don't wake them up. "Where are you going?" Derek whispered and I go to the dresser that had the stone on top of it. I pick it up and fumble around with it seeing if there was a wire in it. I press the middle in and a cartridge pops out in what I would imagen would be the recordings, but it is probably damaged from years of weather. I begin to feel dizzy and some pain, Derek quickly got up to help me stand. "I-I'm having contractions," I panicked because I'm only 6 months pregnant. Isaac let out a small moan of pain and everyone woke up confused on what was going on.

"Scott, go get the car, I'll call Deaton and Melissa..." Derek widened his eyes. Isaac's due date was last week so I wasn't worried that his baby would be healthy, "Are you in labor too?" Lydia asked me getting up to help me walk. "Yeah... I am," I said trying to remain positive but it was difficult, I look behind me to see Jackson and Liam helping Isaac down the stairs. "They are on their way to meet us at the clinic, you ok?" Derek opened the door for me and Isaac, "As ready as I'll ever be... Lyd's will you and the other pups stay here with Jade?" I asked and they nodded. Isaac and Scott were freaking out because it was their first baby, but Derek was freaking out because he was worried about me. As Derek drives out of the drive we I let out a calming aura for my mate and pups to calm down, I place my hand on my stomach beginning to calm down as well.