UNDISCOVERED

March 27, 2021
Seoul, South Korea
3:00 PM

Bodies drenched in sweat collapsed onto the wooden floor creating a muffled thud sound, gasps from the lack of air were the only sounds that rang through the room and every so often, a few pained groans were heard too. Jimin was sprawled out like a starfish with his eyes focused on the spinning fan on the ceiling. He closed his eyes to try to regulate his breathing, his calves and heels screamed in excruciating pain, though he didn't mind at all.

He could hear the strict ballet mistress in the back of the room reminding them that ballet hurts, and that they should be proud of themselves for having aching muscles as a result of such a beautiful art. That they should take pride on every limb they have broken as a result of pushing their body over the limit. The list of reasons why they shouldn't complain about the pain goes on and on.

Jimin opened his eyes, and flipped around to lay on his stomach. He propped his upper body on his elbows, hands cupping his cheeks . He took in the scene before him, and rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Fucking Pathetic. He thought.

There were some girls in the corner undoing their pointe's and rolling their ankles around, complaining about how the mistress was such a bitch.

She's not a bitch. She's just doing her job.

He then heard another group of people across the room complaining about how tired they were and how their plans got ruined because the mistress was making them rehearse after hours .

Ballet is tiring, dumbass. What did y'all expect? He huffed, and yet they like to call themselves dancers even though they aren't even dedicated.

If Jimin was the same person he was when he was younger, he wouldn't think twice about telling them all to get the hell out of the academy if they were just gonna go around with that type of attitude, but no. He's not the same person anymore, he's learnt that being so blunt is never a good thing, and instead he prefers to keep his thoughts to himself now.

He hates how most students don't take ballet seriously. He hates how they talk shit about their mistress without taking in mind that she's the sole reason why they are even learning ballet in the first place and if it wasn't for her strict teaching, they would've never even had a chance of stepping a foot in this academy.

He stood up slowly, ignoring the pain that flowed through his legs, and walked in the direction of Ms. Yang who seemed to be busy going through something on her tablet.

He cleared his throat, and after about a minute of standing in front of her, she looked up with a frown on her face that soon softened as she took in that it was just him.

"Oh, hey Jimin... Do you need help with something?" She smiled at him, pressing the side button on the tablet and setting it flat on her lap.

"Um, I just need your advice on something... Can we speak in private after the rest of the class leaves?" Jimin smiled when he saw her nod, then he went back to search for his bag and took out his cellphone.

-

"What did you want to talk about Jimin-ssi?" The 40-something year old woman asked as she waved goodbye to the last student who was walking out of the room.