I LOVE YOU

December 22, 2021
New York, New York

After months of stressful rehearsals, physiotherapist visits every week and getting scolded by the nutritionist, the big day has finally come.

Though he made sure to do everything in his power to stay calm the night before, the anxiety still manages to creep in, he feels overwhelmed and even a little lost.

After making his bed, taking a long warm shower to loosen up his muscles, and starting to boil water for a chamomile tea, he lifts his phone from the counter as he waits. There's some encouraging text messages from Taehyung and Jungkook. There's even one from Jin, and Jimin is taken aback because Jin hasn't contacted him in such a long time. There's one from Mina and even a missed call from Hoseok.

After sending them all a quick text, letting them know that he got their message, Yoongi's name flashed across the screen. Jimin smiled to himself before answering, holding the phone next to his ear with his shoulder while he inserted a piece of wheat bread inside the toaster.

"Good morning sunshine," Yoongi's voice was like breathing in fresh air after putting out a wildfire. Just listening to his voice has this effect on Jimin that makes all his worries disperse like smoke. Ever since Jimin told him that he was in New York, Yoongi has been calling him everyday just to check up on him and see how he's doing.

"Good morning," Jimin picks up the golden toast from the toaster and sets it on a pastel blue plate that he grabbed from the cabinet, "How are you doing this fine morning, Mr. Min?" He asks cheekily. He heads over to the fridge and grabs the only thing in there. A Philadelphia Strawberry cream cheese spread, he bought it at the store near the studio last week and almost half of it is still in there. He grabs the container and opens it with one hand, he tries to maneuver the phone from his ear to put it on speaker but ends up dropping it, crashing loudly on the floor.

His eyes widen and drops the knife he was using to scoop out some cream cheese for his toast, then literally throws himself to the floor to pick up the phone and making sure it's not broken.

Yoongi's voice can be heard through the speaker, asking if everything is okay and Jimin ends up laughing because the phone is perfectly fine and he was freaking out for nothing.

"I dropped the phone but it's fine, I'm okay." He laughs, "I didn't fall or anything like that."

"I wouldn't be surprised if you did though, considering how much of a clutz you can be," Yoongi says, "I'm glad you're not hurt though,"

"I'm okay, I promise."

"Anyways, I was just calling to let you know that we'll be boarding the plane in 20 minutes. I'll contact you when we land, okay?" Jimin tells him that it's okay, that he will be too busy to talk with him anyways because he has to do some things before going to the venue, he asks him if he has the address of the place, and Yoongi tells him he does.

"Okay, then I'll let you board your plane, I'm about to head out anyways," Jimin says, pouring the tea into a large thermo that he carries everywhere he goes. After closing the lid, he grabs his toast after putting the cream cheese back in the fridge, and stuffs it in his mouth, phone held tightly in his other hand.

"I'll see when you get here okay?" Yoongi tells him that he's excited to see him, and tells him to take care of himself and to wrap up warmly.

"You too, stay warm okay. It's snowing here," Yoongi hums, telling him that it's snowing over there too, "Okay, I gotta go baby. Have a nice flight okay?"